X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm
    replied
    Re: Hawaii Five-Oooooh!

Wait just a dang minute... Wo Fat hosts the Iron Chef? Villainy beyond belief!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

I have seen most of the espisodes but the writers screwed up this week.. apparently, for the first time, I think, they could not figure out a scenario requiring Grace to grace a bikini.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: Hawaii Fitty

Originally posted by gh
    So Wo Fat showed up this week
    When they said his name, I almost blew my milk and cookies out through my nose! Then my wife said, "Who's he?" and I had to give her the 10-minute synopsis of MsGarrett's Lex Luthor! 8-)

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    Speaking of Grace Park.....

<<...Detective Steve McGarrett, a decorated naval officer-turned-cop, returns to Oahu to investigate his father's murder and stays after Hawaii's governor persuades him to head up the new team: his rules, her backing, no red tape and full-blanket authority to hunt down the biggest 'game' in town."

OK, if you just threw up in your mouth a little bit, don't worry. It's not that bad. In fact, it's almost impossible to mess up a series shot on location in Hawaii and featuring Grace Park in a bikini. You would have to make it turn it into a sci-fi comedy to really mangle it. Although the first 15 minutes may have you thinking they've overdone it on the action steroids, the show calms down after that. You'll get Scott Caan as Danny "Danno" Williams and Daniel Dae Kim as Chin Ho Kelly. Park plays Kono Kalakaua.

There appears to be no Wo Fat of yet, which almost kills it, but perhaps he'll surface later....>>

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1068Spray

NO WO FAT?!!!!
    So Wo Fat showed up this week, but lamentably it's not Kigh Diegh!

Of course, since he died in '91, he can be forgiven.

Something I didn't know until I just IMDBed him: this epitome of the evil Red Chinese's real name was Kenneth Dickerson and he was of Anglo-Egyptian-Sudanese ancestry!

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Originally posted by JRM
    Originally posted by guru
    Reminds me of Dark Blue(and I love Dark Blue).
    guru: I ran in a fundraiser 5k today in Malibu for the non-profit with which my wife works. About 10 of us went for beer afterward, one of whom was Nicki Aycox (Jaimie Allen from Dark Blue... although I assume you know that).

Outstanding! (Though not as outstanding as having that drink with Tricia Helfer lol)

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

I have watched a couple of episodes but it is not grabbing me.. but I did recognize Jean Smart.

Leave a comment:

• Dutra
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    has anybody recognized the governor yet?
    You mean Jean Smart who, if I need to describe it likely means you don't belong in a thread about a US TV show?

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied

guru: I ran in a fundraiser 5k today in Malibu for the non-profit with which my wife works. About 10 of us went for beer afterward, one of whom was Nicki Aycox (Jaimie Allen from Dark Blue... although I assume you know that).

I couldn't bring myself to admit that I'd never heard of the show (briefly confused it with "Rookie Blue," the show about the Toronto police), but at least I knew "Supernatural" on which she was a periodically-recurring character.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

has anybody recognized the governor yet?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

A little big hokey, as all network TV is (McGarrett was on track for sainthood in the first 5 minutes), but it's a keeper (even with two Koreans playing the Chinese leads).

I thought it a nice touch that when McG uncovered his father's car in the garage, it looked like the big black Merc that Jack Lord used to tool around in in the original!

I wonder how many epileptics had seizures watching the opening credits updated by using a handheld-camera style, run twice as fast? Like watching the Bourne Ultimatum.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by jeremyp
    Just hope we don't find out that the helicopter that shoots all those zoom ins of Hawaii doesn't crash.
    Doesn't matter - they can just buy stock shots from Magnum PI or Burn Notice, which are identical: tropical paradise, lots of T&A, some blow-em-up shots.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Just hope we don't find out that the helicopter that shoots all those zoom ins of Hawaii doesn't crash.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Outstanding out of the blocks.
    Ditto! Just watched it on DVR - great fun! I'm in for the Long Haul!

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Outstanding out of the blocks. Definitely not your father's Five-0.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

Originally posted by Marlow
    So I just googled Grace Park (that doesn't sound very polite) and looked at 'images' . . . :shock: :shock: :shock: I think I just became a series regular.
    You obviously missed her as Boomer in Battlestar. She got to play herself at least 8 different ways.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X