X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: any Ring fans around?

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by mike renfro
    The music was wonderful, as noted, Runnicles is really good with Wagner, and I was very happy with Nina Stemme as Brunhilde. She is a good actor (the un Jane Eaglen) and has a great voice. She may be the long awaited Brigit Nielsen replacement.....
    She's utterly stunning.
    Wall Street Journal published its review today. Their critic loved her, but was had mixed comments about the production and the other singers.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 18028.html

Comment

Thanks for the link. I agree with most of the reviewers thoughts. I still haven't come to grips with the staging. Josh Kosmann's review in the SF Chron, which Garry cited has some similar points.

Comment

What's better, track or the Ring? Hey, why choose? I'm watching the men's 5000 at the Birmingham Diamond League meet, and the stadium sound track has been playing the Ride of the Valkyries for the entire race!

Life is good, eh?

Comment

On the way from SF to Eugene, I spent 1.5 days with neice, nephew-in-law and whatever you call their boys (great nephews?) At any rate, the kids were doing some video games and the ride of the Walkuren was background. Another Wagner bit, can't remember what. I explained to the kids, aged 5 & 3 whence the music. I think they kinda expected such stuff from weird onkle Mike.

Oh, both Garry and I missed the 1st day of the nationals one year as the only cycle we could get conflicted. I assume Garry flew, Mary & I drove all night. Bright eyed and busy tailed, not so much.

Comment

Working...
          X