Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you're thinking of buying an iPad....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you're thinking of buying an iPad....

..... wait until next year

<<...Nov. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. may introduce a thinner iPad in the first half of next year with features such as a camera for video-calling and chips made by Qualcomm Inc. that let it work on global wireless networks, analysts say.

Production may start as early as January, with an introduction to the public by February or March, said...>>

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z15qQXDiN7

Re: if you're thinking of buying an iPad....

...take two aspirin and think again, unless you want to miss out on a lot of cool web sites that still use Satan's software (Flash). Burns me up every time I go to one of my favorite sites and can't watch the cat videos.

Comment

I might just buy one of the new ones. I realize my days as a 'paper reader' are numbered (I already only get USA Today on-line) and I'm willing to make the switch now, as Time and Sports Illustrated are already there. Even T&FN and my local daily will have to be there sooner than later.

Comment

The iPad is just a bloated iPod, and the draw-backs and limitations of iPads are many.
        IMHO the only reason to own one is to use it as an eBook reader.
        So periodical titles and book-length reading need to be readily available at low prices.

Comment

Most of you probably don't use an iPad or you would know it is not just a bloated iPod. We use ours on trips to the meets to show videos of past performances for teaching, we use the stop watch Apps to collect splits and times and type up results at the meets. It is a small, portable computer. We use spread sheets and google docs to update results on the fly. The new models next year are rumored to have the new features mentioned. Fewer sites are flash only now.

Comment

Our HS basketball team does there in-game stats on an iPad. ie. touch the court image to keep track of your shooting spots.

Comment

Oh, I have one, and I use it every day. It's just not very useful. If I can't watch the videos on the LOLCats page, the device sucks. :lol:

Comment

Working...
              X