Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Linford

The highlight of flipping channels Sunday eve in London was watching Linford Christie on "I'm a Celebrity--Get me out of here!" This edition is apparently set in the Australian jungle, and there were lots of bugs, ants, creepy-crawly things, and other off-putting things. Linford was positively heroic in ripping through the assigned tasks with near 100% success, and in record time. A couple of the commentators noted that it would have been more fun if he'd made the tasks look harder... There's no pleasing some folks.

Re: The Great Linford

Linford was fabulous but the dreadful Gillian McKeith fainting was my TV highlight of the year :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
      Linford was fabulous but the dreadful Gillian McKeith fainting was my TV highlight of the year :lol:
      I should know who she is (I guess) but I don't...

Comment

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 536466989A

I've answered my own question. What a complete twit she seems to have been on this show.

And here's some background on Linford:

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co ... -27698965/

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
          Originally posted by Flumpy
          I should know who she is (I guess) but I don't...
          There is literally no reason whatsoever that you should know who she is.

She's supposed nutritional expert who used to insist she was called 'Dr' before being forced to stop by trading standards because she was no such thing. She made her name on British TV poking around in people's shit to tell them how they could improve their diet. Despite apparently knowing everything there is to know about healthy living she looks about 30 years older than she really is and has a reputation in TV circles as being one of the most disagreeable people in the business.

She is a thoroughly dreadful woman.

Comment

Linford said after his parachute jump at the start of the show, that it was better than winning his Olympic gold.

His reaction time, which I would have thought would have been good, was only 3rd of the 13 celebs. (That was when they had to hit a button, and all but the winner of each round got an electric shock)

Comment

Working...
            X