• Ohio State prez trashes non-BCS schools

what a jerk!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5845736

Re: Ohio State prez trashes non-BCS schools

and a nice bit of analysis

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/1 ... needed-hi/

Comment

The cartel is really sweating now, and praying Auburn can find a way to get past Bama.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

are university presidents now football experts. " Little Sisters of the Poor "

from ESPN article referenced:

"TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte told Galloway & Company on ESPN 103.3 FM in Dallas: ... Del Conte said his team would happily play Ohio State.

"Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere," he said. "Buckeyes against the Horned Frogs. Tee it up. Let's go."

referring to the refusal of top 25 teams to schedule "Little Sisters of the Poor" (TCU and Boise), including Ohio State.

Pretty good article - I bet more to come.

Comment

I liked the Boise State president's riposte that Ohio State may not be playing The Little Sisters, but they were playing The Little Brothers...

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... rs_ta.html

Comment

It's really quite extraordinary what we heard from Gee, and shows what is at stake for the BCS conferences, especially if Boise(or TCU) wins the national championship. It may be the ammo Congress would want to blow the whole thing up.

Comment

Does he not understand that SoS is taken into consideration, at least nominally? Sounds like sour grapes to me. OSU shoulda run the table if he thinks they're all that. I'm not bichin that Stanford is below BS University, because we only lost to the best effin school in the nation!! :twisted:

Comment

I hope Boise plays Oregon in the BCS title game. Oregon because they played us in Knoxville this year and were nice people. Boise because I want this system we have now to be done away with and them being in the title game would help IMO. Especially if they won.

Comment

Ahem. As I was saying on that other college football thread:
                  College football royalty thought they had rigged the system sufficiently enough to keep the peasants from ever being invited to their ball, but the peasants, through shear persistence and perserverance, have found a way to get an invitation, and the blue bloods can't handle it.
                  viewtopic.php?p=676372#p676372

ESPN's Brad Edwards said something the other day that made me wonder. The math of the BCS formula at this stage in the game means that none of the one-loss teams can possibly catch Boise State or TCU unless there is some collusion among the voters in the human polls, meaning that they would have to get together and decide to all support the team with highest computer ranking, rather than spread their support out among LSU, Stanford, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan State. In light of Gee's comments, I don't think it's far-fetched to suspect that the cartel may be planning to collude in order to keep "the Little Sisters of the Poor" from getting into the big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Does he not understand that SoS is taken into consideration, at least nominally? Sounds like sour grapes to me. OSU shoulda run the table if he thinks they're all that.
                    I'm surprised at you Marlow. I thought you would be sticking up for your fellow BCS snob.

Comment

Originally posted by no one
                      are university presidents now football experts. " Little Sisters of the Poor "

from ESPN article referenced:

"TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte told Galloway & Company on ESPN 103.3 FM in Dallas: ... Del Conte said his team would happily play Ohio State.

"Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere," he said. "Buckeyes against the Horned Frogs. Tee it up. Let's go."

referring to the refusal of top 25 teams to schedule "Little Sisters of the Poor" (TCU and Boise), including Ohio State.

Pretty good article - I bet more to come.
                      The Little Sisters of the Poor should go a step further. The next time Gary Patterson or Chris Petersen do an interview, they should list all the open dates that the their respective teams have over the next two football seasons, and ask Jim Tressel to give them a call to see if they get a deal done to play on whatever dates are good for him. If they were to do that, you know that sports journalists, being the muckrakers that they are, would beeline it to Columbus, Ohio and stick a mike in Tressel's face and await an answer.

Comment

Here's another point that further exposes Gee's hypocrisy:
                        Not satisfied to contain the BCS hypocrisy spew to the football field, Gee continued “Ohio State's eighth-ranked football team, which plays rival Michigan on Saturday, is in the top 10 in the nation not only on the field but also in terms of academic progress.” Gee’s citing of “academics” in relation to football athletes is a “foot in the mouth” moment, at least according to the NCAA’s latest statistics for the year 09-10. In terms of Graduation Success Rates, Gee's Ohio State ranks a 63, as compared to Boise State’s 65, and TCU’s 71.

How amazing is it for Gee to cite “academics” in relation to his football team claiming their score as proof of their “elite” status meanwhile giving academic 'exceptions' for admissions to football athletes? We can only assume, according to a December Associated Press article "Admission Exemptions Aide College Athletes" in which they identified only eight schools where athletes were no more likely than other students to get a break with special admissions. Boise State was one of the eight schools. Ohio State was not.
                        http://boxscorenews.com/bcs-will-be-cha ... 060-68.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                          Originally posted by Marlow
                          Does he not understand that SoS is taken into consideration, at least nominally? Sounds like sour grapes to me. OSU shoulda run the table if he thinks they're all that.
                          I'm surprised at you Marlow. I thought you would be sticking up for your fellow BCS snob.
                          If you read the subtext in my last post, you see I'm clearly and unequivocably in BOTH corners. :twisted:

Comment

Pretty hard for Boise to say much now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303302440

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Pretty hard for Boise to say much now.
                              I don't know about that. Didn't last night prove that Boise State doesn't play the little sisters of the poor?

Comment

Working...
                              X