Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Cam Newton win the Heisman?

. . . with all this negative press?

Or will the voters ignore his stellar season and play the ethics card (heavenforbid!)?

In ESPN's latest poll (http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman10/index), Andrew Luck has made a late charge to sit at #2. Will Luck win it?

Re: Can Cam Newton win the Heisman?

Cam Newton is a superb football player..
    However, color me cynical but it is ridiculous/insulting to assert that neither he or Auburn were aware of the shenanigans that landed him at Auburn.
    He should be off the Heisman list and Auburn should forfeit all games in which he played.

Comment

If he's eligible to play, he's eligible for the Heismann, and I bet he wins in a landslide.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

=== see below

Comment

No one doubted that Peter Warwick was the most outstanding player in college football in 1999 when he led his Seminoles to a perfect season and the Crystal Football, but his baggage cost him the Heisman and he had considerably less of it than Newton.

Comment

NCAA ruling, do I understand this correctly?
            It is OK for an athlete's parents or agents to ask for money or other favors in the recruiting process as long as they don't tell the kid and as long as no deal actually is consumated.
            Does that make sense to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
              NCAA ruling, do I understand this correctly?
              It is OK for an athlete's parents or agents to ask for money or other favors in the recruiting process as long as they don't tell the kid and as long as no deal actually is consumated.
              Does that make sense to anyone?
              Only to folks who are capable of extraordinary pscychological gymnastics. It reminds me of how the Iranians dealt with their prostitution problem in Tehran a few years back, by legalizing temporary marriages where men (married and single) can pay a fee to marry young women for periods as short as one hour and then be divorced immediately afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                [. It reminds me of how the Iranians dealt with their prostitution problem in Tehran a few years back, by legalizing temporary marriages where men (married and single) can pay a fee to marry young women for periods as short as one hour and then be divorced immediately afterwards.
                This practice is not a recent abberation... granting these temporary "marriage licenses" has long been a source of income for mullahs...
                Many women make a career of serial marriages and are not considered prostitutes.
                It also accomodates wealthy men who already have the allowable number of legal wives but stiil desire a little variety in their sex lives without offending Islamic law.
                Very convenient for business trips when the "little woman"/"old lady" has stay home to tend the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                  It also accomodates wealthy men who already have the allowable number of legal wives but stiil desire a little variety in their sex lives without offending Islamic law.
                  Very convenient for business trips when the "little woman"/"old lady" has stay home to tend the kids.
                  Oh, well, when you put it that way, it sounds perfectly reasonable!

Comment

Hey, it is a economy stimulating thing.. mullahs have to make a living too..

Comment

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the ideas that folks can find moral justification for if they have a religious stamp of approval on them.

Comment

Uh, yall do understand that although my comments are factual, they are made with tounge firmly planted in cheek and in no way condone the practices?

Comment

Uh, yall do understand that although my comments are factual, they are made with tounge firmly planted in cheek and in no way condone the practices?
                          Of course I understand and I assume everyone else does to. I was talking about the Iranian clerics, not you.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                            Of course I understand and I assume everyone else does to. I was talking about the Iranian clerics, not you.
                            Good. We need a sarcasm icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              Originally posted by scottmitchell74
                              and I bet he wins in a landslide.
                              OK, I bet he doesn't (at least the landslide part).
                              Looking more and more like you're right, Scott. I really am surprised that so many voters have apparently decided to ignore the little 'with integrity' caveat. Maybe they think it unfair that previous winners din't have that obstacle to overcome (cough, cough, Reggie, cough, cough).
                              And Luck seems to have slipped down the board a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X