Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest pet (literally) peeve...

This morning I read that at the local Macy's store a dog had gotten a foot caught in an escalator. Now, I harbor no ill-will toward most dogs, but I don't understand why people need to bring dogs along on to do Christmas shopping.
    I've also noticed dogs strolling around supermarkets lately and a couple of days ago I saw a woman dining in a sidewalk cafe with a chair pulled up next to her so she could fed scraps from her plate to a dog seated on there. Frankly, I don't want to sit on a chair at a restaurant that has been previously occupied by a dog's rear end... Ptooeey!
    Of course these could be service dogs. Places open to the public are obliged to admit service animals and if owners maintain that mutts are a medical necessity then their verbal assurances suffice. You walk a very narrow legal razor's edge challenging a person to produce proof that the dog is a certified service animal. At any rate getting a certification that a pet is a medical service animal seems about as easy as getting a medical marijuana prescription here in California.
    How curmudgeonly have I become? Does anyone here feel compelled to bring your man's best friend along to dine or shop or go to the market?

Re: latest pet (literally) peeve...

Whenever I see an animal that is obviously just a pet at a restaurant or other public place, I feel compelled to ask, "What's the pre-cooked weight on your critter there?" That goes over as well as you may imagine...

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
      How curmudgeonly have I become? Does anyone here feel compelled to bring your man's best friend along to dine or shop or go to the market?
      This Curmudgeon is no dog lover and is always just a tad irritated when running into pets in stores, restaurants, wherever they have no business (service dogs no problem, of course). Ain't much for crying babies in the same places (plus planes!). Bah, humbug . . .

Comment

Mixing this with the American travel thread, if you want to see dogs in restaurants, I recommend you visit France where they frequent cafes all the time, and are far better behaved than my 5 beasts, who would be up on the tables eating off the plates - not just of mine and my wife, but of all the other patrons as well.

Comment

Working...
        X