Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oregon/Auburn... score me!

Originally posted by gh
    The over/under is the highest of any of the bowl games, 74½. I think I take the under
    I bet that's where the smart money is, but 74 points may underestimate all the big plays each team has given up. Both teams have big play makers, and it really could turn into an Arena League game.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      Originally posted by Avante
      I know, I know it can't happen and I know the why....but..

They should play the Championship game right now. Yep, this coming Saturday. 37 (something like that) days is a long time from an athletic perspective. Way too long to wait to play a game that big. Don't let rust set in.
      Here, I think SEC schools would have a compelling argument for why you can't play the championship game immediately after the regular season. In 2007, LSU was all bruised and battered by the end of the regular season. Most notable was the absence of injured starting quarterback Matt Flynn in the SEC championship game and Lombardi/Outland/Bronko Nagurski award winner Glenn Dorsey who played sparingly the last three games of the regular season due to a various nagging injuries that had reduced him to shell of himself. However, by the time the championship game rolled around, Flynn, Dorsey and the rest of the team were all healthy and looking like they did in the season opener. We are now at the point where schools from non-AQ conferences (e.g. TCU, Boise State) have a realistic chance at getting into the championship game if less that two teams from the AQ conferences go undefeated. Would it be fair to ask an SEC champion to take on a fresh-as-a-daisy Boise State team one week after the SEC championship game?

The Division II Championship will be played Dec 18th. They seem to make it work.

The thing is....change! I see your point if things are like they are now, I'm not talking about as things are now. I'm talking about doing things differently. Not unlike disbanding the old SWC, taking Ariz/ASU out of the WAC into the Pac10, adding how many bowl games since 10 years ago? Putting Penn State in the Big10 and still calling it the Big10 etc etc etc and etc. Yes things can change. To expect a good game after over a month of down time......that's ridiculous. Start the bowl season off with the Championship game. The little guys will crown a Champion before Dec 20th so it can be done. Maybe knock off those Florida vs Rinky Dinky State type games early on. Start off playing conference, 10 games would work.

Like I said I know the ...$$$$$$$$$$....why that can't happen at the Div I level. Yep...greed.

Comment

Oregon's BSC threads! YUK!
        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          Oregon's BSC threads! YUK!
          Better than those day-glo, fluorescent canary yellow ones!

Comment

Besides Oregon, Nike chose three other schools to wear its new Pro Combat uniforms, which include custom cleats, in the bowls:

TCU (notice there's no purple),

Florida,

and Boise State.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5438 ... mes#page/1

Comment

Have ya SEEN the new Oregon helmets? Vince Lombardi is spinning in his end-zone grave!

Comment

If both teams hit their scoring averages this season, the final will be Oregon 49.33, Auburn 42.69.

Comment

Originally posted by jules
                  If both teams hit their scoring averages this season, the final will be Oregon 49.33, Auburn 42.69.
                  I'm I correct in assuming that Auburn had a much tougher sch?
                  phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Originally posted by jules
                    I'm I correct in assuming that Auburn had a much tougher sch?
                    Maybe you purposely left the "n" out between I and correct.

Oregon 52 Stanford 31 after being down 21-3
                    Stanford is the #4 team in the BCS.

Comment

Working...
                    X