X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Ignorant Athlete Running Off At The Mouth

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    The truth is Luke Scott isn't a "real" American, nor are most of the posters on the board, including myself, except for lonewolf and I believe he's only one half American. :wink:
    Only partly true. My Swedish ancestors were invading, pillaging centuries before Columbus ever got here.

Comment

Anderson Cooper blast Berman

Republican State Rep Leo Berman debates his Obama Citizenship Bill on CNN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RWmaBX6tKA

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
        This is a very left wing article from a little over a year ago that tries to explain the underlying reasons the "birther" conspiracy is out there.
        How is that 'very left wing'? It's just a perfectly rational explanation.

The definitions of 'Left' and 'Right' are completely different in America to the rest of the world aren't they?

Comment

I didn't realize that the State of Hawaii used MS Word "Ariel" font in 1961... way ahead of the curve! http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

personally, I don't care if he was born here or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
            The definitions of 'Left' and 'Right' are completely different in America to the rest of the world aren't they?
            Amen! You have to realize that in a country where Rush Limbaugh, a rank racist of the first order, is the most popular radio talk show host, a large portion of the population feels that anyone who acknowledges the existence of racism in America is a leftist.

Comment

Talking out of your ass again, jazzman.

Comment

No point in arguing with a birther.

I've got a sister-in-law whose birther beliefs are akin to passionate religious commitments.
                Nothing on earth could convince her that Obama was not born in Kenya and that he is Muslim.

She also believes with equal fervor that commercial jet contrails are really chemtrails of mind controlling gas intended to bend us all to the will of whoever it is that is behind the secret conspiracies to betray America. She's nuts. And there are millions of Americans just like her!

Comment

[ a large portion of the population feels that anyone who acknowledges the existence of racism in America is a leftist.
                  I believe you have painted with too broad a brush, jazz. I live in a"conservative" community in a conservative state and while I know very few people who admit to being racist, I don't know any who deny its existence. The few overt racists I know are a mixed bag of "right" and "left".

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Talking out of your ass again, jazzman.
                    And you are a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Going back to Flumpy's point, the most leftist member of Congress (Barbara Lee from the People's Republic of Berkeley) is still to the right of the more leftist European politicians (e.g. George Galloway) and would have no problem getting elected in most of Europe, while some of the more right-wing members of Congress (e.g. Michelle Bachmann, James Inhofe) couldn't get elected dog catcher in Europe. Right-winger Jean Marie Le Pen is considered a fringe character in French politics but would probably be considered a major player in Republican politics if he lived in the U.S. George Galloway would do good just to avoid a firing squad if he lived in the U.S., forget running for Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                      [ a large portion of the population feels that anyone who acknowledges the existence of racism in America is a leftist.
                      I believe you have painted with too broad a brush, jazz. I live in a"conservative" community in a conservative state and while I know very few people who admit to being racist, I don't know any who deny its existence. The few overt racists I know are a mixed bag of "right" and "left".
                      I didn't intend to paint with too broad a brush and that's why I used the phrase "large portions", meaning not the majority but definitely not an insignificant minority either. Also, in no way would I equate conservatism or Republicans with racism. There is simply no way that LBJ could have passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act without a truly bipartisan effort by Republicans. However, without actually citing a poll, I will go out on a limb and say that among Americans whom would be considered racists by the folks on this board, Republicans received more of their votes than Democrats in recent elections, and I'm talking significantly more than 51%. Of course 70 years ago, just the opposite was true.

Comment

To put it in perspective if Obama was a UK polititian he would be considered to be on the right. Your right wing polititions would (and are) considered to be completely crazy
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                          Obama... would be considered to be on the right.
                          He is on the right, period. No qualifiers necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                            I didn't intend to paint with too broad a brush and that's why I used the phrase "large portions", meaning not the majority but definitely not an insignificant minority either. Also, in no way would I equate conservatism or Republicans with racism. There is simply no way that LBJ could have passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act without a truly bipartisan effort by Republicans. However, without actually citing a poll, I will go out on a limb and say that among Americans whom would be considered racists by the folks on this board, Republicans received more of their votes than Democrats in recent elections, and I'm talking significantly more than 51%. Of course 70 years ago, just the opposite was true.
                            But the Rebublican party of the 60's is nothing like the GOP of today. Whilst fiscally conservative they would have no truck with the lunatic elements that are humored these days nor indeed was there such a large element that needed humouring.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                              But the Rebublican party of the 60's is nothing like the GOP of today. Whilst fiscally conservative they would have no truck with the lunatic elements that are humored these days nor indeed was there such a large element that needed humouring.
                              One exception to the rule is Ron Paul, who despite a very conservative voting record, would probably fit in well with the Tories in the U.K. What's unique about him among Republicans is that not only is he a non-interventionist/anti-imperialist but he's also a secularist.

Comment

Simply your opinion, dude, no basis in fact. You throw out statements like that and can't provide even a scintilla of proof for them. Not a single person that I know who is on the right side of the political spectrum (even those on the edges) would deny there is racism in this country. Nice attempt to rescue yourself by hedging the meaning of your original statement, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X