Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You deserve what you get...........

.........when you do really stupid things like sail off the Somali coast in an unarmed yacht. You get hijacked by pirates. These donkeys are as dumb as the 3 hikers who wandered into Iran. I'm sure they all will be treated fairly. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110219/ap_ ... ured_yacht

Re: You deserve what you get...........

Couldn't agree more, the same thing happened to a British couple last year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/no ... li-pirates

the world is a big place and you could sail anywhere, i would suggest avoiding the Horn of Africa :roll:
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Sorry, that may be a very stupid thing to do, but nobody deserves to be kidnapped by pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        Sorry, that may be a very stupid thing to do, but nobody deserves to be kidnapped by pirates.

Or killed.

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking ... ya5Qw.cspx
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Or killed.
          Of course not, but the sheer stupidity that led to this understandably blunts whatever sympathy or outrage folks might otherwise feel.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            Originally posted by guru
            Or killed.
            Of course not, but the sheer stupidity that led to this understandably blunts whatever sympathy or outrage folks might otherwise feel.
            Some folks, bh, some folks.

Comment

The Somali coast is a war zone. Time to bring out the UN big guns and clean it up. No more Mr. Nice guy. Just start killing em faster than they can breed. Some nice air strikes on the coast will slow em down. Eventually they will figure out that pirateing does not pay and it will stop.

Commander Marlow can come out of retirement and lead the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rye Catcher
                The Somali coast is a war zone. Time to bring out the UN big guns and clean it up. No more Mr. Nice guy. Just start killing em faster than they can breed. Some nice air strikes on the coast will slow em down. Eventually they will figure out that pirateing does not pay and it will stop.
                We tried that in Cambodia and Vietnam in the 70's and that sure worked out well.

Comment

Conor. Not the same at all. We screwed up in Viet Nam only by reading Ho Che Min wrong. We thought he was a communist when he was a nationalist trying to put the 2 nams back together. Had the polititians stayed out of it, we would have won it. Hell, we had Pres Johnson calling bomb loads. How stupid is that?

Go buy the "Fog of War" DVD by Robert MacNamera, it's an eye opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                    We tried that in Cambodia and Vietnam in the 70's and that sure worked out well.
                    OK, I hate putting any potentially politically-seasoned comments on this forum, and just to be on the safe-side I will note I am the most left-inclined person I know... but just to comment on the logistics - there's a huge difference between taking out several punk ships and fighting on-land, against a citizen-backed, nation-wide guerrilla movement, especially when said nation is half the size of Texas, covered in jungles, and where you don't (or at-least shouldn't) use air-strikes to avoid killing civilians. If anyone felt like it they could easily clear the Somali coast.

Comment

I don't want to get into the whole Vietnam thing again. Living through it once was enough. I only made the point on bombing that...well forget it....

By the way, win exactly what in Vietnam? If we had 'won' there the result probably would have been troops there for decades propping up some government...as opposed to what we have now, one of the fastest growing economies in Asia.

Comment

Working...
                      X