Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nomination for best worst-movie ever!

Originally posted by gh
    the discussion isn't about best and worst movies; it's about best worst-movie, which is a totally different category.
    That's what I get for being a speed reader

The best worst movie.....Barfly... with Micky Rourke.

Comment

I think I've said this before, and if I have my incipient alzheimers allows me to say it again. Now where was I? Oh yes! I would have to posit that to be a best worst, the movie would have to be: 1. Seriously done. In other words all concerned thought they were in a good movie. 2. Seriously bad. It met with great derision.

Histrorically Michael Cimino's "Heaven's Gate" must rank up there. After "Deer Hunter" everyone waited for his next movie, and this four hour bore was produced. As Vincent Canby said: "watching the film is like a forced, four-hour walking tour of one's own living room. "

Then there was "Ishtar" with Hoffman and Beatty, which gets a ranking of 3.9 by 6,200 voters on movie db.

Interestingly enough critics have been slowly deciding that both movies were over panned.

My pick for best worst recently would be: "The Tourist."

Comment

Heaven's Gate is actually one of my faves. Never saw the shortened theatrical release; I can imagine how it could have ended up horridly disjointed. The 219-minute version is an absolute delight to me.

Comment

Working...
        X