This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free-speech weekend has ended

(with a bonus of an extra half-day thrown in today)

That forum is now closed for another year.

Serious thanks to everyone who participated. We had some very good, adult conversations, with only one yahoo earning a ban.

Re: free-speech weekend has ended

Wow! He must have been really, really bad! I missed FSW, up in the mountains backpacking.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
      I missed FSW, up in the mountains backpacking.
      It was quite as gh said. Very good discussions, generally quite civil.

Comment

Have you moved any of those threads into Things not Track and Field?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          Have you moved any of those threads into Things not Track and Field?
          Polevaultpower's breastfeeding thread has been moved there.

Comment

4-5 threads got transferred I believe (including one which lasted not very long before being bounced back).

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if our country was run this way? ''Free-speech weekend'' :roll: We'd be communists. :lol:

Comment

Ironic that this forum exists only during a busy part of the summer, rather than doldrums of fall and winter. Could have it during Thanksgiving (thanks for Free Speech?) and relieve some of the ennui of the off-season!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Ironic that this forum exists only during a busy part of the summer, rather than doldrums of fall and winter. Could have it during Thanksgiving (thanks for Free Speech?) and relieve some of the ennui of the off-season!
                  Not to mention roast turkey, my least favorite popular meal :twisted:

Comment

I missed what yahoo was bounced but, despite my unintentional more than customary involvement, I am glad this destructive forum is over for another year. Even civil discourse leaves a lingering negative effect... If this is supposed to be a non-political, non-religious forum, it should be a non-political, non-religious forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                      I am glad this destructive forum is over for another year. Even civil discourse leaves a lingering negative effect.
                      Nah - we all still love you!!! 8-) :!:

Comment

You have it all wrong. I think lonewolf is now rueing the fact that he 'knows' you again. :wink:

edit: Ah wait, I see your 8-) - icon, I almost missed that nuance. So now you're just trying to kiss up? :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                          You have it all wrong. I think lonewolf is now rueing the fact that he 'knows' you again. :wink:
                          edit: Ah wait, I see your 8-) - icon, I almost missed that nuance. So now you're just trying to kiss up? :mrgreen:
                          If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting this crotchety old . . . er . . . sweet middle-aged man, as I have, you'd want to stay on his good side too. He has swag! He randomly gave me one of his Tex Rlys Officials polo. I wear it all the time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotSoOrdinary
                            Wouldn't it be funny if our country was run this way? ''Free-speech weekend'' :roll: We'd be communists. :lol:
                            At the risk of stepping over the politics line, I must observe that communists have no monopoly on the governmental repression of free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              [If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting this crotchety old . . . er . . . sweet middle-aged man, as I have, you'd want to stay on his good side too. He has swag! He randomly gave me one of his Tex Rlys Officials polo. I wear it all the time!!!
                              Sweet, yes, middle aged only in the eyes of the 160 year olds among us. :?
                              That shirt must be getting threadbare. I will bring a replacement next time our paths cross..
                              You can frame that one for your classroom wall, next to the picture of GW Bush.

Comment

Working...
                              X