Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: big brother: curiouser and curiouser

I have Skype, and I have a webcam on my computer, but I almost never use that feature. I might if I had children or grandchildren who lived very far from me, but I don't.

Skype is great, however, for making international calls. Very, very cheap rates, generally ok quality, and quite convenient. I just use it as a VOIP phone and never even think to do Skype-to-Skype and make it a video call, even though many of the people I call have Skype. I know what they look like and they know what I look like. We don't really need to see each other when we're just talking business on the phone.

Comment

not to sound too cruel, but if you can't make Facebook a friendly device for you, I suggest you turn in your driver's license before you endanger the rest of us.

Comment

good points Marlow. I've been spoiled as I have a son who is a computer genius and builds all our computer - I've asked him to load em up. We rarely have any interruptions (he's built other fam's puters too) - And tandfman - we us it almost exclusively for family contact. We're spread around a bit and like to see kids and grandkids. Additional plus is seeing them on 60inch fancy visual thinger. Looks like you're right there. but usually my 24" in my office.

I don't think cameras have caught up (quality) - and besides I gots no money and prob never use those Android things - although my son has one. My son-in-law works for an international company - hdqtrs in Spain and they use it about once per month.

I admit I'm pretty much a nanometer above a novice when it comes to technology. I always look at CNET reviews if I'm in the market. Then bounce it off my son - he scours the inet and saves tons of $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
          Among the many things I do not understand is why people feel compelled to post their most mundane daily activities for all the world to see...
          Apparently we're becoming a nation of attention whores one Facebook/Twit user at a time . . .

Comment

I've been using Skype for international video conferencing for four years and have never had a problem with either the video or audio feed. Actually, the audio is usually better quality than cell, landline or regular VOIP calls. The main issue is whether you want to stare at a cam or not; my preference on some regular calls is to watch a muted football match at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              not to sound too cruel, but if you can't make Facebook a friendly device for you, I suggest you turn in your driver's license before you endanger the rest of us.
              :lol: :lol:

Comment

Henry Rono is up to 4654 Facebook friends.

Comment

Originally posted by no one
                  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/what_to_do_about_social_media.html
                  "Alabama linebacker Dont'a Hightower, who uses Twitter, said "it's just common sense" on what to post. Or as Auburn defensive lineman Nosa Eguae put it: "If you won't say it to your mama, it shouldn't be something you write."

Comment

Facebook made a "big" announcement a couple of weeks back that they were unveiling a video-calling feature on their site: it's Skype integrated.
                    Fire Impossible.

Comment

Working...
                    X