Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alabama 24 LSU 17

Originally posted by gh
    I'm talking the couple of 100 top-division schools; the others are only playing "football."
    From cbssports.com, August of '09:
    <<If it's Friday night in Gainesville and the Florida Gators are playing a football game the next day at The Swamp, Tim Tebow deserves a hotel room. How could he sleep in his apartment? He could not. He deserves a hotel room, and dammit, the University of Florida will spend the money to get him -- and his teammates, at a cost of roughly $40,000 for the season -- that room.
    And it's the same thing at Oklahoma with Sam Bradford. And at North Carolina State with, um, whoever plays quarterback for North Carolina State. And at Tennessee and Oregon and Purdue and South Carolina and just about everywhere college football is played at the BCS level....>>
    (it only takes 4 schools of the 342 to render your 99% false :evil: )
    You just qualified a previously unqualified assertion. I know there are probably a couple of dozen schools that do it routinely, but you take all of D1, D2, D3, NAIA and JC football and you'll see that a very tiny percentage sleep out.

Comment

I think a thread titled Alabama-LSU pretty much set the parameters of what we were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
        Originally posted by Marlow
        c. sleeping in own bed
        They all stay in out of town hotels, now, to eliminate distractions. Home team is bused in the day of the game.
        I was talking about regular season games, where 99% of teams do sleep in their own beds.
        No they don't. Most sleep in a local hotel, thus wasting more money.

Comment

Working...
        X