Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top This PR!

(not open to Euro readers, who are used to this)

paid 251.9 for gas today (premium, self-serve; have actually heard of 4 bucks at full-serve)

Re: Top This PR!

We are used to that, but what are you driving, an XC90? That:s literally highway robbery, GH!

Comment

Actually, I was driving a good Swedish car!

Comment

based on 2.52 that's 4.17 New Zealand and based on us paying 1.15NZ per liter times 3.8 liters to the Gallon we are at 4.34NZ I think it was. Sucks all over. Hey Garry did you get an e-mail from me over the weekend? I am looking for posters and stuff to hang in my classroom and around school to promote Athletics. Any ideas from you or any of you other guys would be appreciated.

Comment

Fern: Inside spread of your TFN.

Comment

I just saw TFN for the first time in a few years and the spread got me to re-up. I had lived in Barbados for eight years and getting things like subs paid out of the country was a pain. Now that I have this team I want to do more than go online for the results and such. Cheers.

Comment

> paid 251.9 for gas today

It was about 301.9 in San Diego a few days ago, I believe. I filled up at my usual "cheap" station at 229.9 (87), which is generally 10 cents cheaper than in the bigger city nearby.

I heard Canadians are into the dollar figures now, paying about 1.01 per litre (I remember a few years ago when it was scarcely half that).

I'm glad I'm getting a Prius!

Comment

It's not even close to your PR Garry. You paid more, much more, from 1978 to 1985. You set your PR in 1981.

Comment

I heard Canadians
                  >are into the dollar figures now, paying about 1.01 per litre (I remember a few
                  >years ago when it was scarcely half that).

It was about half that PER GALLON not that long ago. The conversion to compare to Garry is way too complicated but suffice it to say that I am closing in on a 100.00(Can) fill up.

Comment

And yet in the biggest capitalistic society in the world, people still don't understand the basics of economics or supply and demand, while forwarding messages urging others to shift their purchases from one day to another. Or in a country that proudly proclaims individuals freedom from authoritarian government, people demand that the same government do something about "high" gas prices.

Until sales of SUVs and other large gas guzzling vehicles (largest sector increase in the automotive industry last year) and the number of single passenger vehicles on the road, I really don't have much sympathy for price complaints.

And yes, malmo does have it right with respect to when you really set your price PB.

Comment

I remember the summer of 68 travelling Europe, when gas was 2 marks per liter. That came out to just about $2 a gallon, and I thought to myself that Americans would have a meltdown (I believe that our gas was about $0.30/gal then). Well, even with the inflation that malmo alludes to, $2 gal is still causing a melt-down. I do however feel that the gas giants are taking advantage of a bad situation to fill up their war chests for whenever prices go down again (please!). I paid $1.91 yesterday here in Jacksonville and trust me, the locals are ready to storm the castle with torches and pitchforks.

Comment

I find it absolutely silly that people would squeal about something like gasoline prices, yet at the same time wouldn't think twice about the cost of housing and, get this, actually argue to increase the cost of government's paycheck conscription.

Comment

>And yes, malmo does have it right with respect to when you
                          >really set your price PB.

I think Garry's track mind-set has taken over. What he really meant to say was that he set his PR with the new implement!

His PR with the old implement is extrinsically superior to the new one.

Comment

I'm confused. Have we really paid this much for gas before? I don't remember it and my local newspaper keeps reporting "record highs" and said that the average price of gas has gone of 2 bucks (chuck) for the first time ever.

Malmo are you adjusting for inflation or something?

Comment

I long for the Minnesota days - just two years ago on vacation - when the gas was US 0,99/gallon!

Comment

Working...
                              X