X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt to ManUp Against Real Madrid

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/ferg ... 26592.html

Re: Bolt to ManUp Against Real Madrid

Bolt has always maintained that he would love to play football for United, and is certainly confident in his ability.
    "I would not take up the challenge if I didn't think I was good enough," he said recently. "I am a very accomplished player and know I could make a difference.
    I predict total and utter disaster.
    Now . . . if Real Madrid tries an off-side trap 40m out . . . . :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      I predict total and utter disaster.
      That's what I'm thinking too. The fact that he can't carry the baton in his left hand leads me to believe that he's probably as limited athletically as Michael Jordan, and not the all-around athlete that Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson were.

Comment

Anybody remember what happened when Jan Železný tried out for the Atlanta Braves?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun
          Anybody remember what happened when Jan Železný tried out for the Atlanta Braves?
          He threw lightning bolts and incinerated the poor catcher. He hung up his cleats in inconsolable grief.
          That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

http://www.squidoo.com/javelinthrow
          World Record Holder Jan Zelezny tried out for the Atlanta Braves as a pitcher after winning the 96 Olympics and was able to throw between 120-125mph.
          Yeah . . . OK . . . :roll:

Comment

Snyder estimated later that Zelezny was throwing 80 to 85 miles an hour, and Zelezny estimated his effort at about 70 percent.

Javelin Thrower Shows Braves His Stuff
            Looks about right: Jan Zelezny baseball training

Comment

There are charity games all the time, with non-soccer celebrities as well as recently retired and not so recently retired soccer pros, some a bit overweight. Sometimes they are shown on Fox Soccer. They are fairly low key affairs. I doubt that Bolt is risking much.

Comment

Zelezny put so much effort into the tryout that he made his right shoulder sore and consequently suffered one of his only three losses in 1996.

Ironman makes a comeback

Comment

How Serious is Bolt about Man Utd?

The Worlds fastest man considering moving to Man Utd after the friendly game?? your thoughts. Has he done all he has needed to do in Track and Field?

I have started a poll here.

http://pinoyathletics.com/2012/09/06/bo ... er-united/

Comment

Re: How Serious is Bolt about Man Utd?

I assume this is a joke to wind up the Jamaicans here, nice one - LOL
                    On the off chance it's not a joke and wind up post - LMFAO

Comment

He wouldn't be out of place on the current England team. He'd improve their chances of scoring as they'd just lob the ball at him and hope they get a lucky deflection off his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                        He wouldn't be out of place on the current England team. He'd improve their chances of scoring as they'd just lob the ball at him and hope they get a lucky deflection of his head.
                        That's not a bad idea, especially as Carroll and Rooney are injured. I wonder if they can turn him into a Plastic Limey ASAP? If he could play for Man U and England I'm sure he wouldn't think twice about changing nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                          Plastic Limey ASAP?
                          Could he take the pressure from the British press? Is his lunchbox up to standard?

Comment

Working...
                          X