X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vonn gone

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
    I agree, the thread title suggests that maybe Vonn has passed away. :|
    Well, I posted this in the context of the Alpine World Championship in which Vonn's accident took place in the very first event. For me, having looked forward to this Championship all winter, it was a shock and extremely disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam
      I wouldn't quite say she will be back in good time for Sochi. She has at least 8-9 months of rehab ahead of her, so she may not be skiing at top levels until November-December 2013. Not much margin for error there.
      Unless she calls up fellow Minnesotan Adrian Peterson for a surgeon/rehab referral...!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
        Have the g-forces on the course and the velocities of falls in downhill skiing exceeded the capacity of even the best tuned, strongest athletes?
        Vonn is powerful athlete. She's listed at 5'10", 170 lbs. That's one, country strong, healthy girl.

Comment

Originally posted by 4:24-miler
          Originally posted by jhc68
          Have the g-forces on the course and the velocities of falls in downhill skiing exceeded the capacity of even the best tuned, strongest athletes?
          Vonn is powerful athlete. She's listed at 5'10", 170 lbs. That's one, country strong, healthy girl.
          She's a marvelous athlete and strong! She wanted to compete against men this winter (in the Downhill). She could handle their heavier skis.

But spare a thought for Ted Ligety. 2 gold medals and his best event, Giant Slalom still to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
            But spare a thought for Ted Ligety. 2 gold medals and his best event, Giant Slalom still to come.
            Given the shape Hirscher's in, though, he's hardly a lock for a third gold.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
              Originally posted by Per Andersen
              Given the shape Hirscher's in, though, he's hardly a lock for a third gold.
              No lock, that's for sure. Hirscher is very dangeous, especially in Run 1

You have to be pleased by Andreas Romar. I vaguely remembered his name from Juniors but he has surprised me more than anybody I think.

Comment

Working...
              X