Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Storm a'comin'

It is a good thing the New Balance meet was last week.
    • The city of Boston, where snow started to fall around 9:30 a.m. and forecasts called for more than two feet of snow to fall by Saturday, announced that it would close all schools on Friday and that mass transit in the city would be suspended starting at 3:30 p.m., joining other localities in trying to get ahead of the storm and keep people off the roads

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/09/nyreg ... ml?hp&_r=0

Re: Boston Storm a'comin'

A storm like this is what the Super Bowl folks have to look forward to next year in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by br
      A storm like this is what the Super Bowl folks have to look forward to next year in NYC.
      Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Comment

Well, this is a "storm of the century" kind of thing. A quick google turns up that the Meadowlands area only gets about 8 inches of snow on average for the entire month of February.

In almost 40 years of going to Millrose on the cusp of Jan/Feb I'd guess that I got snowed on in far less than half of them. And can only recall significant snow falling once.

Comment

Actually, the Olympic Invitational indoor meet at the Meadowlands got postponed due to snow during February 1983

The meet was rescheduled later in the month for the Sunday that was two days after the USA Indoor Championships were held at Madison Square Garden. At the meet, of course, Eamon Coughlin broke the 3:50 barrier for an indoor mile - on a 10-lap track no less.

I feel old when I think that it was thrity years ago this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
            I feel old when I think that it was thrity years ago this month.
            OMG! You are not alone.

Comment

How about the fact that Pre's LA Times mile win was 40 years ago. On YouTube.

Comment

Working...
              X