Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Pistorius suffers memory lapse

Clearly Inspector Clouseau is not French; he is actually South African and living in Pretoria masquerading as Detective Hilton Botha.
    Defence Team: Inspector Clouseau, sorry, sorry, I mean Detective Botha, can you tell this court what makes you an expert witness?
    Detective Botha: I have a lot of personal experience in the psychology of murderers and what it takes to be a murderer
    Defence Team: How personal is that experience detective?
    Detective Botha: The most personal it can possibly be
    Defence Team: And how many times have you had this personal experience
    Detective Botha: 7 times Sir
    Defence Team: Why 7 times?
    Detective Botha: That's how many people who were in the van that I tried to murder

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Hopefully, this thread will keep watching OP saga without some people trying to hijack it.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

bail granted

(if you haven't noticed, the Day's Best Reading section on the front page has an ongoing set of links relative to developments in the case)

Comment

I was on the exercise bike at our local Y this morning and BOTH TVs that are always on (one CNN, the other FOX) were basically all Pistorius all the time. Honestly, I'd guess that in the 33 minutes I was there, 28 of them were either commercials or Mr. P and his recently departed. And, of course, the standard caption was "Track Star [blah blah]". So he is the global face of "track" right now. The gift that keeps on giving...

Comment

On the treadmill yesterday, ESPN even had some reenactment of the shooting. I noticed he was granted bail today.

Comment

Pistorius Freed on Bail

I believe this is something that will be and should be talked about at length. The events of what went on that fateful night are no longer speculation with the prosecution drawing their own conclusions over what is likely to have happened and what the defense argue happened.

Having listened to the Judge, who should be complimented for his handling of a tricky court case which has World Wide interest.

Key notes which the judge touched on....

The prosecution did not make a solid enough case to support their claims.
            The prosecution also could not satisfy the court that Oscar is flight risk - this seemed to be the stumbling block in their case. Pistorius can still be found guilty of premeditated murder and it is this, which the prosecution will focus on when the trial does go ahead.

Operating within the law and how the evidence was put forth it is this reason, and this reason alone allowed Oscar Pistorius to be freed on bail.

Whilst this may seem a (small) victory for Pistorius, the prosecution can feel somewhat the happier having heard the affidavit of Pistorius. The level of detail of what happened that night can only strengthen their case due to the level of inconsistencies that have arisen.

Free Speech allows us to speak about such matters, particularly those which are so much in the public domain as this one. Its no longer about speculation, the facts and version of events have been made public under oath and members of this forum should be allowed to discuss them.

Comment

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Here is a visual of what Oscar P says happened that night....

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 73/photo/1

Comment

Great!!

He can now join double murderer O.J. Simpson out on the golf course!!

Oh, wait!!

O.J. is in PRISON!!

Comment

It was fairly expected that he would seriously get bail. Bail is all if somebody will do a runner or continue to pose a problem. It has no bearing if he is guilty or if the evidence is there. It's highly likely the evidence will take time to be sorted, hence why the prosecution has come off weak so far, they need to present a convincing story and the defence only need to disrupt it. Given time and the chance to piece together everything the prosecution will present a much more solid case and one that will poke holes in Pistorius version of events.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
                    Great!!

He can now join double murderer O.J. Simpson out on the golf course!!

Oh, wait!!

O.J. is in PRISON!!
                    O.J. is not in prison for murder though.

Comment

when the original thread veered off into OJ territory it ended up locked; if you don't want this one to suffer a similar thread, tread lightly here.

Comment

Originally posted by athlete101
                        Here is a visual of what Oscar P says happened that night....

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 73/photo/1
                        a picture is worth a thousand lies.

Comment

If the picture reenactment is a visual of what Pistorius has said occurred, I don't understand at all how he goes by the bed his girlfriend should be in without him either checking to see if she's there and/or him telling her to move to potentially safer quarters.

Comment

Don't want to hijack this thread but with the charges of OP I was wondering what is the biggest track star ever convicted of murder? Or sports star in general?

To your point Dutra I agree that it and the angle of the bullet holes are 2 major issues for the defense as well as the obvious shooting into room. OP's "story" just doesn't hold much validity and the judge even seemed to indicate that in his diatribe explanation in granting bail.

I think the issue of those close supporters of OP have to face though is his own stability now that he is out. If he did kill her due to some passion-fed argument and his love was sincere then he may experience huge mental issues up to and including suicidal tendancies. If on the other hand he feels he is innocent and the victim of a terrible tragedy and has little chance of prevailing in a trial then he may concoct some escape plan to go live somewhere he can't be extridited from.

Comment

It is of course a terrible tragedy. But even if his version of events is true, he is not a victim. By his own affidavit he meant to kill the person in the bathroom. Whether or not he knew it was Reeva is just a matter of determining the degree of the murder he carried out. In talking about degrees of murder I am not referring to South African law as I do not know what their laws are; I am just talking about my personal view of what he is guilty of. He should be put away for at least 10 years based on his own story. And at least 30 years if the prosecution wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X