Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!!!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9m60PrMJY

The West Indies batsman, 33, beat Australian Andrew Symonds's 34-ball ton in 2004 and he went on to record the highest Twenty20 score of 175 not out.

Gayle smashed 17 sixes and 13 fours in a 66-ball knock, beating Brendan McCullum of New Zealand's 158 not out. His Royal Challengers Bangalore side amassed a T20 record 263-5 against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.

The score eclipses the previous best of 260, set by Sri Lanka against Kenya in Johannesburg in September 2007. Gayle told ITV4: "I'm lost for words. It was just one of those days. It's a good wicket and I started well.

"I got a good total. I can't say it's a decent total - it's a good total.

"All I had for breakfast this morning was a plain omelette, two pancakes and a hot chocolate."
    Pune were batting second in the match. In November last year, Gayle became the first man to hit a six off the opening ball of a Test match - the left hander hit Bangladesh debutant Sohag Gazi for a maximum in the first Test in Dhaka.

Re: Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!

Originally posted by starboyunlimited
    The West Indies batsman . . . went on to record the highest Twenty20 score of 175 not out. Gayle smashed 17 sixes and 13 fours in a 66-ball knock, beating Brendan McCullum of New Zealand's 158 not out. Gayle told ITV4: "I'm lost for words. It was just one of those days. It's a good wicket."
    Reminds of one of those stand-up routines of a crick commentator.
    "The batsmen is on blob. The pitch is a bunsen, but that ball was a grubber. It was a sandshoe crusher"

Comment

Re: Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!

Big deal. I believe Tiger got more than 100 with just 2 balls. :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
      X