Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barca clobbered again, end of an era?

I'm starting to think so. Messi or no Messi. It's truly amazing how emphatically Bayern beat them and no goals for Barca in 2 games. Today they had no chance. Was not possible for them to play their usual patient game being 4 goals down. Guys like Inesta looking oridinary. Sometimes when Barca loses I think they look too small. I thought so when they lost the first game to AC Milan earlier. Messi was probably more injured then they let on. Had they got a quick goal or two, maybe they would have brought him on.
    How about Robben's goal? Perfection.

Re: Barca clobbered again, end of an era?

Robben's goal in the 2nd leg was perfection. Before his 1st leg goal there was a big offensive foul strangely uncalled.

I think time has finally got Barça - they'll still be a scary force for another 2 or 3 years but now it seems no way they're going to maintain their dominance in the past 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
      Messi was probably more injured then they let on.
      And yet he played in a meaningless league game this past week-end with the 'same injury'. Barca gots some splainin to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        And yet he played in a meaningless league game this past week-end with the 'same injury'. Barca gots some splainin to do!
        I think their game plan was to use him as a substitute to come on and run at Bayern if the run of play went Barça's way, unfortunately it never did.

Comment

It's still almost impossible to conceive that Barca could lose 0-7 over two legs to anyone, but it shows Pep is a very smart guy! Strange how cyclical the Champions League has become; first the English clubs dominate for a couple of seasons, then the Spanish, and now, apparently, the Germans.

Comment

So who do you "like" in the final, Bayern or Borussa?

Comment

The Bayern Juggernaut will undoubtedly win. It is amazing how they have stormed back after the rather shock lost to a 10 man Chelsea last year at home.

As Mark says, the power in Europe has shifted around lately, but Barca losing 0-7? I suppose the pressure of 3 major titles, 2 Euros and the WC, have been a bit much on the Spaniards.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                It's still almost impossible to conceive that Barca could lose 0-7 over two legs to anyone, but it shows Pep is a very smart guy! Strange how cyclical the Champions League has become; first the English clubs dominate for a couple of seasons, then the Spanish, and now, apparently, the Germans.
                And now Pep is replacing Heynckes at Bayern. As James Lawton asks in The Independent : How can Pep improve on this team?

Comment

Working...
                X