Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannibalism at Jamestown

In the news today was the discovery of cannibalism in 1610 in Jamestown during a time when 80% of the population starved to death. Here's my gruesome statement, prompted by my sincere wish to be eaten by my family if I'm already dead and they could be saved by eating me. I know I couldn't eat friends or family, but faced with the prospect of death or eating an already dead stranger, I'm leaning towards going all Donner on him! :shock:

Re: Cannabalism at Jamestown

That is a hypothetical I do not care to hypothecize about. :roll:

Comment

I was at a restaurant in Berkeley once and the announcement came over the loudspeaker, Donner, party of 10, Nine, eight, seven, six... Oh, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        I was at a restaurant in Berkeley once and the announcement came over the loudspeaker, Donner, party of 10, Nine, eight, seven, six... Oh, nevermind
        Oh, we're going there are we?!

Two cannibals were having lunch. “Your wife makes a great soup,” said one to the other. “Yes!” agreed the first. “But I m going to miss her terribly.”

bud - um - bump!

Comment

The dining area at CU Boulder is named after a cannibal. Alfred Packer. I kid you not.

Comment

Did you hear about the cannibal who passed his father in the woods?

Comment

One of the great Far Side cartoons ever - caption reads only "Donner Party Memorial" - the picture is of a sandwich with two pieces of bread around a large foot

Comment

I finally figured out what is driving me nuts about this thread: cannibalism is spelled slightly differently

Comment

Re: Cannibalism at Jamestown

Ha! Notice that I spelled it correctly in a later post. Sometimes I think I have split-personality disorder. So do I.

Comment

The Donner Party was a great band in the early days. Then they just got full of themselves.

Comment

A few years ago there was a bit in the news about some old guy, can't remember where he lived, who was hot-tubbing alone at his house. Died in the hot tub, wasn't found for several days. How to put it tactfully......tissues weren't attached to each other with the same vigor as when one is still alive.

Comment

A very big bowl of very bad soup.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          I finally figured out what is driving me nuts about this thread: cannibalism is spelled slightly differently
                          Cannabalism? Lunching on filet de human while stoned?? Doesn't sound like a good high . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                            A few years ago there was a bit in the news about some old guy, can't remember where he lived, who was hot-tubbing alone at his house. Died in the hot tub, wasn't found for several days. How to put it tactfully......tissues weren't attached to each other with the same vigor as when one is still alive.
                            Now you got me thinking of this book. It starts off with a story of some guy who jumped into a hot spring to save a dog. Needless to say it didn't well.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Yellowstone ... ellowstone

Comment

Working...
                            X