Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    And, Oklahoma State would have a new dedicated track stadium worthy of their new competiton facilities...and a scholarsip program designed to attract national class track athletes.. all anonymously, of course.
    This is what I'm talking about. Of course I would do the same for LSU, and I presume Atticus would do the same for Stanford, BillVol for Tennessee, dukehjsteve for Duke, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      This is what I'm talking about. Of course I would do the same for LSU, and I presume Atticus would do the same for Stanford, BillVol for Tennessee, dukehjsteve for Duke, etc.
      Doesn't that go without saying! :-)
      I also love the thought of 'sponsoring' some promising post-grads.
      Having just spent some time with C Taylor and seeing what an awesome person he is, although he doesn't need money, I bet there are many like him that could use a nice stipend for training. If you have the talent to be an Olympian, I think you should pursue that, but many can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I also love the thought of 'sponsoring' some promising post-grads.
        Having just spent some time with C Taylor and seeing what an awesome person he is, although he doesn't need money, I bet there are many like him that could use a nice stipend for training. If you have the talent to be an Olympian, I think you should pursue that, but many can't.
        You can help sponsor post-grads without winning the lottery. Just contribute to the USATF Foundation. Helping to support emerging elite post-grads is one of the things they do.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          You can help sponsor post-grads without winning the lottery. Just contribute to the USATF Foundation.
          Yes, USATF's "Adopt an Athlete" could be tooled to be more 'personal' (I know very little about it, maybe that's already part of it).

Comment

I would establish some long range family trusts and there are several other people I would give the $10K annually allowed by the IRS.
            The IRS's annual allowance is now up to $14K.

Comment

This Powerball story takes the cake. Woman says she spent all her money on Powerball tickets and now has no more money. So what does she do? She puts up a GoFundMe page and asks people to contribute to the fund to reimburse her for her losses.

A woman by the name of Cinnamon Nicole from Cordova, TN has raised a little more than $800 in seven hours via her Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me page.

You can't make this stuff up. (But maybe somebody did, because the GoFundMe page has apparently now been taken down.)

Comment

I appreciate the gesture, user4, and am sure jazz and I would have a grand old time ... ..
                Oh yeah. I have been driving Lincolns for 40 years but I would find and restore to better than new, a 1977 basket-handle T-bird, black with maroon interior, the best car I ever owned
                Wow, that struck a nerve. I'd love to have the time to restore an old's F85, my first car.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
                  Wow, that struck a nerve. I'd love to have the time to restore an old's F85, my first car.
                  Actually, my first car, acquired in 1946, was a genuine WWII 1942 Ford jeep, complete with gas cans and shovel. My younger brother, 82, has had possession of it since 1949.

My first real car was a 1949 Ford Club coupe, flathead V8. Circa 1970, my dad noticed an identical car had been parked at the door stoop, so close you could not fully open the screen door, of a small house in Littlefield, TX for several years. On inquiry, the resident of the house said the car had belonged to his deceased father who parked it there to repair a radiator leak. by the time the radiator was repaired they had another car and did not need the Ford.
                  I gave him $50 for the car, aired up the right rear tire, tow barred it 300 miles to Fort Worth without incident, changed the oil, installed new battery and started it. Then I took it apart and restored it mechanically and cosmetically. My son drove it to OSU his freshman year before upgrading to an Austin-Healy that he restored and traded for newish Trans-AM.
                  I brought the Ford along when I move to OKC mid-1970s. I kinda started collecting Thunderbirds of every body style. I had about eight cars and was running out of parking space. I drove the coupe to work occasionally. Guy at the office, apparently with a nostalgia quirk, made me an offer I could not refuse. I sold it.
                  Last edited by lonewolf; 01-16-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X