Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Gandolfini dies at 51----R.I.P.

Reports are in that "The Sopranos" actor, James Gandolfini, died of an apparent sudden heart attack in Rome today.
    He was to take part in a film festival in Sicily.

I don't remember him from "the Sopranos", as I never watched that show.
    My best memory of him is from the movie "Welcome to the Rileys".

That's one of my favorite movies from this century.
    And his role is a major reason why I loved that movie!!
    A sad day!

Re: James Gandolfini dies at 51----R.I.P.

This is huge! So sad. I'm not a big Sopranos fan, but I should be. Unreal, he was so young too.

Comment

I smell a complete rewatch of Sopranos coming up soon!

Comment

Somehow I am not completely shocked - he had the hallmarks of a short-life Hollywood star it seemed to me. It is just as sad, however. Played the line well -- hard-ass guy keeping things in line --- while in therapy.

Comment

One of my favorite series of all time...and an amoral character you loved to hate and hated to love played to perfection.

Comment

Best episode was the one where Tony's therapist was visciously assaulted and she had to decide whether or not to tell Tony so he could "deal" with the perpetrator.

Comment

All I know is I was reading the news release about it online and my screen went black...

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                Best episode was the one where Tony's therapist was visciously assaulted and she had to decide whether or not to tell Tony so he could "deal" with the perpetrator.
                I remember that episode and what was understood is that she wouldn't have had to ask him to deal with it but she knew that if she told him, it would have been the same as signing her rapist's death warrant because there would have been nothing she could do to stop Tony from taking him out. At work the next day, this episode was a topic of discussion, and every single woman (even the bible-thumping, sanctimonious ones) said that they would have told him.

However, my favorite episode was when Meadow's boyfriend was called down to the deli to testify against Vito. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
                  My best memory of him is from the movie "Welcome to the Rileys".
                  I concur, a very natural portrayal of easily one of the most amiable and avuncular characters. :cry:

Comment

Working...
                  X