Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by booond View Post
    I'm not surprised at all. Where are the surprises?
    The biggest one for me is 65% of Israel's population to be atheist.
    Second biggest. In Europe, young population is more religious than their elders.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Originally posted by Pego View Post
      The biggest one for me is 65% of Israel's population to be atheist.
      Second biggest. In Europe, young population is more religious than their elders.
      The 65% is for not religious or atheist. The headline didn't match the content.

Comment

The 65% is for not religious or atheist. The headline didn't match the content.
        That is exactly what I said. I am surprised that 65% of Israel's population identify with atheism.
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Originally posted by Pego View Post
          That is exactly what I said. I am surprised that 65% of Israel's population identify with atheism.
          Being not religious doesn't mean you're an atheist. 65% are a combination of atheist and people who are not religious.

Comment

Being not religious doesn't mean you're an atheist. 65% are a combination of atheist and people who are not religious.
            Fine.
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• I suspect they have lumped agnostics with atheists.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                I suspect they have lumped agnostics with atheists.
                The term "not religious" is damn vague.

Comment

• "According to Science, This Is the Perfect and Best Road Trip You Can Possibly Take." (a round-the-U.S. driving trip)

http://omeleto.com/221184/

Comment

• Did I miss the punchline.....How many miles it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                      Did I miss the punchline.....How many miles it is?
                      My guess is 11,000 give or take 1000 miles.

Drive 8 hours a day and make the whole journey in under 4 weeks.

Comment

• Hey, I made that trip.. took me 27 years and 800,000 miles, four automobile, several cameras and one wife (just kidding about the wife) .. of course I was photographing every county/parish/borough courthouse in the continental USA so there was a bit of backtracking.
                        lonewolf
                        Last edited by lonewolf; 02-17-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Seen 17 of the 48, if you count drive-bys. For instance, I've driven past Graceland and saw it from the street outside the gates; didn't go in. Have often seen the Statue of Liberty, never been to Liberty Island.

Comment

• I've only got 10; obviously time for Thelma & Louise to load up the convertible!

Comment

• Some of those are just silly. SF is 'Cable Cars'? Lombard St. or even going up Coit Tower is a better 'destination'.
                              Cape Canaveral is Florida's only destination? Daytona, Miami, Disney?!
                              The most glaring error is that Yellowstone is not on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Some of those are just silly. SF is 'Cable Cars'? Lombard St. or even going up Coit Tower is a better 'destination'.
                                Cape Canaveral is Florida's only destination? Daytona, Miami, Disney?!
                                The most glaring error is that Yellowstone is not on there.
                                Golden Gate Bridge.

However, riding a cable car filled with drunks down one of the big hills is easily more memorable than Lombard or Coit.

Comment

Working...
                                X