Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Some of those are just silly. SF is 'Cable Cars'? Lombard St. or even going up Coit Tower is a better 'destination'.
    Cape Canaveral is Florida's only destination? Daytona, Miami, Disney?!
    The most glaring error is that Yellowstone is not on there.
    #4 on the list.

Comment

• I have 45 of the 48.. I have been to Detroit but do not remember Fox Theater, I have been in every county in every state but have no recollection of West Baden Hotel in Indiana or Spring Garden Cemetery in Ohio

Comment

• 13. It's 14 if looking down on Mt. Rushmore from 30,000 feet from a plane counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          I've only got 10; obviously time for Thelma & Louise to load up the convertible!
          Not a problem. Where are all the NCAA and USA outdoor champs for the next few years?

Oops, everything's in Oregon! Columbia River Highway, here we come. . .

Comment

• I was prepared to hate the list, but once I saw that it was devoid of Disney, I decided it had a lot of redeeming values.

For me the biggest omission is something high on my bucket list: Yosemite (yes, I'ved lived within a couple of hours of it for almost 50 years and have never been!)

Comment

• Hey! Why's California get TWO landmarks?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                Hey! Why's California get TWO landmarks?!?!
                Good question. DC strikes me as the place most deserving two landmarks.

Comment

• I've been to all 50 states, but I've done only 11 on the list. There are a few others that are on that list and that are also on my bucket list, but not many.

As others have pointed out, there's a question of how you count. Do you have to have climbed Pike's Peak or is just seeing it enough? Ditto the Gateway Arch in St. Louis--do you count it if you stand there within a few hundred yards of the base of it, or do you actually have to go in and get to the top?

Comment

• The most glaring error is that Yellowstone is not on there.
                    Originally posted by booond View Post
                    #4 on the list.
                    My bad, I meant Yosemite!!!

Comment

• Just for the heck of it, I Mapquested the route.. I will entertain estimates of the distance until someone comes really close.. don't cheat

Comment

• 9,430 miles

Comment

• Thank you for guessing, bam, but this ain't no trip to the grocery store.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                            Thank you for guessing, bam, but this ain't no trip to the grocery store.
                            My first guess back a few pages ago was 11,000.

Comment

• you are warmer, booond...its a big country

Comment

• My guess: 13,420 miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X