X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Agree, and for some reason, Arsenal always seems popular.
    Historically, the best supported and most successful London team.

However, Chelsea have had more success in the last 15 years and Tottenham are currently doing much better than them also.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    As long as it's not Millwall...

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    They are the current English champions and have been European Champions more times than any other British team. Being from the same city as the Beatles may help a little too. However, Manchester United are usually considered to be the British team with the most overseas fans.
    Agree, and for some reason, Arsenal always seems popular.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Liverpool seems to be #1 in 17 states. Not being at all a soccer fan, I've no idea why that team is so popular.
    They are the current English champions and have been European Champions more times than any other British team. Being from the same city as the Beatles may help a little too. However, Manchester United are usually considered to be the British team with the most overseas fans.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Liverpool seems to be #1 in 17 states. Not being at all a soccer fan, I've no idea why that team is so popular.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    best-selling soccer jerseys by state

https://www.facebook.com/worldsoccer...9126330133573/

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

Big Sur is a simple part of Highway 1.

Head north of San Francisco and try the chunk that runs from Jenner up into Mendocino County.
    Or the section that runs from Lucia (about 20 miles south of Big Sur) south to the San Luis Obispo County border.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    The scary drop-off that I remember best is the Big Sur in California. ...
    Big Sur is a simple part of Highway 1.

Head north of San Francisco and try the chunk that runs from Jenner up into Mendocino County.

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied

Those East Coast drivers are such wusses.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    driving northwards also severely compromises your ability to pull over to the side of the road at scenic viewpoints
    Both directions have their pluses and minuses. One plus heading north is that you are never looking into the sun.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    You (and your passenger and your car) could end up at the wrong end of that drop-off looking up.
    As we were trying to navigate the boulders (not rocks!) of the narrow twisty Alpine Loop 'road', my wife remarked upon the tiny trees off to our right on a hairpin curve, only to realize they were just the tippy-tops of 50' trees rising up from the ravine just off the 'road'.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    driving northwards also severely compromises your ability to pull over to the side of the road at scenic viewpoints

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Your passenger might miss some of the scenery, but if you're driving South and trying to take in the great scenery on your right, you (and your passenger and your car) could end up at the wrong end of that drop-off looking up.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    The scary drop-off that I remember best is the Big Sur in California. If you're driving from San Luis Obispo to Carmel/Monterey, it's best to drive South to North so that there's a lane of traffic between you and the drop-off.
    then you miss 90% of the great scenery!

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    The scary drop-off that I remember best is the Big Sur in California. If you're driving from San Luis Obispo to Carmel/Monterey, it's best to drive South to North so that there's a lane of traffic between you and the drop-off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X