Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN1965
    replied
    Map shows which women's Final Four team states are supporting in the final weekend of March Madness (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DET59 View Post
    I'm trying the figure out what Greenlanders and 11 African countries have in common?
    I'm guessing lack of data.

Leave a comment:

• DET59
    replied
    I'm trying the figure out what Greenlanders and 11 African countries have in common?

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Dare I say that it seems to be evidence to support Western Civilization.
    Is Australia west - of what? But yes, generally true if that data is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Dare I say that it seems to be evidence to support Western Civilization.

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied
    Cold seems to make people happy.

(Prosperity may also be related.)

Leave a comment:

• br
    replied
    The World’s Happiest Countries in 2023

1. Finland 7.8
    2. Denmark 7.6
    3. Iceland 7.5
    4. Israel 7.5
    5. Netherlands 7.4
    6. Sweden 7.4
    7. Norway 7.3
    8. Switzerland 7.2
    9. Luxembourg 7.2
    10. New Zealand 7.1

13. Canada 7.0
    15. United States 6.9
    ​​
    Where do the happiest people on earth live? This map showcases the world's most (and least) happy countries in 2023.

image.png

Leave a comment:

• DET59
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Re: Fun with maps

Googling Earth is on of my favorite pasttimes..I especially like the posted photos .. beautiful scenery I will never see...contrast in unsuspected magnificant buildings in remote places and abject poverty in presuambly modern world hot spots..
    I lived in a Silicon Valley neighborhood when early Google Sreet View was being developed and beta tested. The original view of my home lterally allowed someone to look through my kitchen window and see what was on the window shelving. (I lived in a townhouse with a large kitchen window very close to the public access "road" that was right at camera height) Another early feature- posted by someone online- was the ability to read license plates outside of strip clubs and massage parlours.

I occasional check the "funny street view pics" websites to see some of the unusual or prank stuff people have "street viewed" flashed....
    Last edited by DET59; 02-21-2023, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    This "rice belt" does not make sense. California is the second largest rice producer in the US. (Besides, you should avoid rice from the "rice belt" on this map, since it contains mroe arsemic than rice for California or Asian countries.)

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    While this point has moved continuously to the West, I am a bit surprised it has not moved more to the South.

Mean Center of Population for the United States: 1790 to 2020 (census.gov)

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....

50% of Canadians live south of the red line​.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Is the Republic of Ireland considered part of the British Isles? It is not part of the UK.
    Generally yes. However, I don't think using the word "British" to describe something which is partly not British is universally popular in Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied

What's that funny blue dot on the corner of the moon?

image.png

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post

some fun maps but I can tell you the one about how many inches of snow it takes to close schools is not accurate, from our experience today. We are in the 12” zone and last night we had 4” of snow and our local school district is closed.
    It could be the case that the state orders every school to close at 12 inches, but each school board has discretion to close at lower accumulations.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

from my experience of living in Pullman, it's not the inch count that drives school closings; if you're in a powerdy snow area and there's ssufficient wind, drifting can close roads with a light fall
    yes, a number of variables, but it seems like around here school officials chicken out awfully easily. I mean, it’s Colorado, and it snows! They also say that they would hate to have school stay in session and have some tragic accident on the roads with a school bus. I kind of get that, but when do you say enough’s enough, put on snow tires, drive safely

Leave a comment:

Working...
X