Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An air-powered car (made of Lego)

OK, I've been around here a long time. And I don't spam (unless you consider Australian aths results spam). So please indulge me. My cousin has thrown a whole pile of money (and to a lesser extent so did 40 patrons, which didn't include me cos I'm a wimp) at this whacky Romanian teen who designs cool stuff.

So check out this video of an airpowered full-size lego car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ObE4_nMCjE

(why they'd do it? Cos they could!)

Re: An air-powered car (made of Lego)

That's a lot of lego! He didn't have to design special pieces of lego for the engine?

Comment

Anyone understand how that engine works? That was pretty cool!

Comment

Did that thing pass the 5 mph bumper test? :?

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
          Anyone understand how that engine works? That was pretty cool!
          The boy genius did actually try and explain it to me. Despite having a PhD, I couldn't get it (but that may be because my PhD is in business!). He's doing a load of interviews over the coming days. I'll ask which of them best explains the science/engineering.

Comment

Wow, when I posted the link to the vid there'd been less than 1000 views. It's now fast approaching 400,000. The power of TFN Message Boards??

Comment

It's interesting and impressive that most of the car was built from Legos. I'll still be a Grinch though. Compressed air engines (although not consisting of Lego parts) that use a compressed air tank like this have been around for a while though, and I think I'd prefer an even more eco-friendly two wheeled vehicle that also runs on air to some degree (that I breathe), and that I can pedal and get to where I'm going in half the time or less, and that I don't have to get out and push up every hill or regularly fill up with a tank of compressed air... :wink:

Comment

Did you find out what was wrong?

Ayup.

Can you fix it?

Yeah, looks like you just threw a Lego is all.

Comment

Working...
                X