Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Diamond League, Paris, website:

"Genzebe Dibaba won it in 14’15’’41, a new meeting record, but finished 26 seconds off the pace set by her sister in 2008. Ayana finished over six seconds shy of the winner and Kenyan Mercy Cherono took third place in 14’34’’10 (personal best). Another personal best was gleaned for Ethiopian Gelete Burka, who finished sixth."

26 seconds? Gelete Burka's time was a season best, not a personal best (14:31.20)
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

• Here's another one from the DL Paris site, leading off the story about the M 3000 SC:

"With temperatures of 32°C and a humidity rate of 39%, conditions are perfect for the middle-distance running at this MEETING AREVA 2015."

32 is 89.6 F, hardly what a steeplechaser would choose to run in.
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
        Here's another one from the DL Paris site, leading off the story about the M 3000 SC:

"With temperatures of 32°C and a humidity rate of 39%, conditions are perfect for the middle-distance running at this MEETING AREVA 2015."
        32 is 89.6 F, hardly what a steeplechaser would choose to run in.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        Yet they ran super fast anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
          Yet they ran super fast anyway.
          Yet how much faster might they have run under actual favorable conditions for a steeple. Same with the 5000.
          It was hot, and it was sticky.
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank

Comment

• Linked from T&F News' front page, th Daily Relay's Kevin Sully wrote about the M 800 at Lausanne:

"The good news for Rudisha is that he was well clear of third place, Aman, and looks to be one of the four men who can win gold in Beijing."

What the Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel race was he watching? Aman faded badly and finished 8th in 1:forty-fucking-six.03. Where do they dig these guys up, anyway?
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank

Comment

• I saw BEIN Sports coverage of the meet in Liege the other day. In the men's 440 Hurdles the commentator reported that the meet record was held by Derrick Brew at 45.13 (or .14, I forget), and that these guys would be well off that time. Ameer Webb was also referred to as Webb Ameer.
              I signed up for BEIN Sports specifically for the track meets. No coverage of the men's shot in either Lausanne or Monaco which I find unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
                I saw BEIN Sports coverage of the meet in Liege the other day. In the men's 440 Hurdles the
                Oops! 440 hurdles went away years ago.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

• I tried to do this privately, no success.
                  The e-mail link for TN 46 takes one to the front page.
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank

Comment

• I think I had fewer typos on my manual typewriter than with these electric keyboards. I had the same problem with TN 46, only getting the first page.

Comment

• I was able to download it from the archives.
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank

Comment

• Lord knows I am super happy that beIN sports is showing so much track and field, BUT the announcers for the non-major events are a hoot. The Heusden guy has said "amazing" at least 20 times in the first 5 minutes.

Nice that Al Jazeera has given us a great alternative sports outlet.

Comment

• When I saw this article I immediately thought of this thread.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...nd-zone-072215

Comment

• Originally posted by unclezadok View Post
                            When I saw this article I immediately thought of this thread.
                            "goodwin-may-pull-off-in-game-leap-from-10-yard-line-to-end-zone"
                            May not be so impossible. He only has to get the nose of the ball in his outstretched arms to the line. A sprinter/LJer like himself may be able to do that.
                            This is like the people who doubted MJ could dunk from the foul line, but holding the ball up in his outstretched arms made it possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97i2zE8-__o
                            Last edited by Atticus; 07-22-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              May not be so impossible. He only has to get the nose of the ball in his outstretched arms to the line. A sprinter/LJer like himself may be able to do that.
                              Landing on his belly? Landing feet-first on the grass or turf without breaking an ankle?

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                Landing on his belly? Landing feet-first on the grass or turf without breaking an ankle?
                                Wearing football cleats, pads and a helmet.

Comment

Working...
                                X