Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    And some hold (the Crossfit community, for one) that fitness involves not only the ability to move just your own body, but objects/weights/tasks. Work capacity. Although I'm not a huge fan of Crossfit, I know they would argue strenuously that they are the fittest on Earth because there probably isn't a (World Class) Marathoner on Earth than can deadlift 400+ pounds and do 100 straight push-ups and Row 2000k in under 7:00, etc...

In other words, what's the definition of fit?

Personally, because they DO combine strength, coordination, power, speed, endurance, skill I would amend Atticus' "50 Top Marathoners" to the "50 Top Decathletes" but that's just my take.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Don't know about that. The top XC skiiers, the Tour de France cyclists, and the Ironman triathletes may have something to say - and still you are only talking aerobic fitness.
    As soon as they threw Galen Rupp in there, you knew they weren't talking Mr. Universe. But you're right about Ironman champs - they are ridiculously fit!!

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    X-actly. The 50 fittest people on the planet are the top 50 Marathoners.
    Whatsamatta - you can't run a 2:07 Marathon and you call yourself FIT?! Ha!
    Don't know about that. The top XC skiiers, the Tour de France cyclists, and the Ironman triathletes may have something to say - and still you are only talking aerobic fitness.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    I believe it was tv, not radio.
    Yes, gloriously recounted here:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/ind...1964-race-call

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by cubehead View Post
    The story said he was lapped...

Anyways he mentioned Dave Bank meaning Dick Bank, famous interloper on the Billy Mills radio broadcast.
    I believe it was tv, not radio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X