Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    This thread got me curious as to who owns athletic.net. Poking around the site, it seems that it may be owned by, or at least have some affiliation with, runnerspace. But who owns that? And I don't just mean the name of the corporate entity that owns the site. Who owns those corporations? Anybody know?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    When I cannot attend my grandson's meets in person, which happens a lot, Athletic.net or PT Timing are my savior.

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    I'd have no issue if Athletic.net labelled the lists "Best Marks Since (insert a date)" but the title "School Records" is simply absurd.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by jc203 View Post
    Less writing than merely listing, there is an entire website called Athletic.net that is nearly completely wrong.
    The site purports to have 20-deep lists of "school records" for literally thousands of high schools and colleges nationwide.
    In fact, the marks listed are apparently based on random results that have been reported in the last few years, oblivious to any previous (or unreported) performances.
    Athletic.net may be useful for some things, but clearly they should not purport to display historical records when their database only goes back about 10 years.

As you may know, Athletic.net is under contract with USATF as the exclusive event registration provider for all USATF Championship and applicable feeder meets and it is this contract that seems to be at the center of the USATF lawsuit against the Youth Executive Committee. According to the complaint, Athletic.net is claiming that USATF is in breach of the agreement because the Youth Executive Committee instructed youth meet organizers to use a different meet registration system.

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    Less writing than merely listing, there is an entire website called Athletic.net that is nearly completely wrong.
    The site purports to have 20-deep lists of "school records" for literally thousands of high schools and colleges nationwide.
    In fact, the marks listed are apparently based on random results that have been reported in the last few years, oblivious to any previous (or unreported) performances.
    Some old marks are included, maybe because an alum takes the time to figure out how to submit his own efforts to the editors.
    Take a look at your own HS or college list for all the eye-opening omissions!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X