Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In high school, we used to call a scrimmage a warm-up dual or triangular meet (that did not count) before the start of the season.

Comment

• We said "time trials"

Comment

• I'm sure this has been noted before on this thread--SID releases often refer to track and field athletes as "players". That's obviously the common, and appropriate, way to refer to an athlete on the football or basketball team. And it's clearly not an appropriate way to refer to someone on the track team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
          We said "time trials"
          Doesn't work so good for the field events.

Comment

• Anyone posing as a SID should know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Doesn't work so good for the field events.
              picky, picky....

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                picky, picky....
                You're a High Jumper - you should know better!!

Comment

• A chuckle-worthy error in the results from the women's 5000 at last night's distance festival at Icahn Stadium:

1 Berkson, Maddy Unattached 4:16 p.m.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                    A chuckle-worthy error in the results from the women's 5000 at last night's distance festival at Icahn Stadium:

So would you convert to 16:16.00 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                      A chuckle-worthy error in the results from the women's 5000 at last night's distance festival at Icahn Stadium:

My HS track coach would rattle off repetition splits as 66,67,68 and if there was a straggler he'd say something like "6:30pm". Sometimes he'd use a date. "Smith Nov.4th!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        My HS track coach would rattle off repetition splits as 66,67,68 and if there was a straggler he'd say something like "6:30pm". Sometimes he'd use a date. "Smith Nov.4th!"
                        In a workout in college we did 4x400 with plenty of rest, but I was toast on the last one and struggled in DFL. The event coach (not Payton Jordan) looked at his watch as I staggered past him and cheerfully said, "Well, at least you finished today."

Comment

• I always enjoyed being able to read out the split β€œ7:11 - your favorite convenience store!”

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I had no idea I was your high school coach!

Comment

• USATF is guilty of this one. The story is now linked on the front page is from the USATF website; it's a report of the Michigan Pro Half-Marathon, which was held yesterday. The story includes this:

Morgan Pearson won a very close men’s race in his debut at the distance, clocking 62:15 to hold off Tyler Day (62:16), Frank Lara (62:17) and Scott Fauble (62:18).
                              The problem is that in the story, there's a link to the official results of the race, and those results show Lara beating Day for second place, with both timed in 62.17.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                USATF is guilty of this one. The story is now linked on the front page is from the USATF website; it's a report of the Michigan Pro Half-Marathon, which was held yesterday. The story includes this:

The problem is that in the story, there's a link to the official results of the race, and those results show Lara beating Day for second place, with both timed in 62.17.

Got me again! You're the best at that. πŸ˜€

I will confess to being careless. Clueless? OK, sure, why not.

Comment

Working...
                                X