Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    It's the 4 AM part that would discourage me.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I find even that hard to believe.
    Why? Boxers are famously fit via "road work."
    Also, I work with a number of guys for whom this is within their abilities, some wrll within.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Seems unlikely. Maybe by 6 minutes pace he actually meant something like 6:50 or 6:55 pace.
    I find even that hard to believe.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Chicago View Post
    This is more of a dubious claim not challenged. I saw an interview with boxer Floyd Mayweather in which he stated that he would run 8.5 miles at 4 a.m. at 6-minute pace.
    Seems unlikely. Maybe by 6 minutes pace he actually meant something like 6:50 or 6:55 pace.

Leave a comment:

• Chicago
    replied
    This is more of a dubious claim not challenged. I saw an interview with boxer Floyd Mayweather in which he stated that he would run 8.5 miles at 4 a.m. at 6-minute pace.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Campbell is an idiot in making a number of comments, such as:

"Urbas apparently unaware of the difference between a teenage phenom and a late bloomer."

Urbas knows what a real 100% woman is.
    He's got something of a point, in that Urbaś was unusually slow at 18 for someone who eventually became a world-class sprinter. But that doesn't make Urbaś wrong in his basic point.

Leave a comment:

• berkeley
    replied
    This article linked from the headlines page sets a new record for errors:

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    I was watching the TiVo'ed U20 meet last night, and happened to notice in the upper left corner an apology for the loss of commentary. It was at the moment I realized why the last few minutes had been so pleasant.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    If the guy ran any track at all .......he has world class speed......by football announcers on tv.

Once heard.......he has blazing speed, ran a 10.7 in high school......ha!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by jc203 View Post
    Yahoo sports reporting @Men's 100m at the Prefontaine Meet says there was an historic first as the "entire field" of men ran under 10:00 (not true), then lists all eight runners (there were nine) then says that DeGrasse won with "his best ever non-wind assisted" time (it was windy) and gives credit to Isiah Young for attaining the most impressive "last place" in history (he wasn't last). Other than these minor details the article was just fine.
    We're all such a bunch of pedants!

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    Yahoo sports reporting @Men's 100m at the Prefontaine Meet says there was an historic first as the "entire field" of men ran under 10:00 (not true), then lists all eight runners (there were nine) then says that DeGrasse won with "his best ever non-wind assisted" time (it was windy) and gives credit to Isiah Young for attaining the most impressive "last place" in history (he wasn't last). Other than these minor details the article was just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    That is most definitely NOT a 'sports' article; it is strictly social commentary, about a situation that the journalist (sic) has obviously not done her homework.
    Ironically the writer is a he, a common issue with a 'unisex' forename like Morgan.

It is an opinion piece rather than a balanced, considered article.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Campbell is an idiot in making a number of comments, such as:

"Urbas apparently unaware of the difference between a teenage phenom and a late bloomer."

Urbas knows what a real 100% woman is.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    This guy seems pretty clueless for a "sports" journalist. His article was driven by personal feelings and agenda, and not what's best for the sport in question.
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/s...2020-1.6128427
    That is most definitely NOT a 'sports' article; it is strictly social commentary, about a situation that the journalist (sic) has obviously not done her homework.
    It's clearly an opinion piece with, as you say, a predetermined agenda.
    The whole DSD in sports is hot-button now and we'll see plenty more.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    This guy seems pretty clueless for a "sports" journalist. His article was driven by personal feelings and agenda, and not what's best for the sport in question.

As CBC Sports Senior Contributor Morgan Campbell writes, prodigious sprinters Christine Mboma and Beatrice Masilingi have done nothing but exist, excel, and defy expectations. Neither woman is inherently controversial. They're just fast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X