Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
    This mindless, clueless article is all about the difficult choice Lolo Jones had this year deciding whether to be on the US Olympic Bosled team or the US OlympicT&F team. It is based on the presumption that 38 year-old Lolo (now 13-years past her personal best was one of the favorites to make the Tokyo team.
    https://nypost.com/2021/07/21/lolo-j...o-den-of-fire/
    And we hope Lolo sets some masters records in the F40 category in the not-to-distant future at the World Masters Championships representing the USA.

Comment

• If they gave medals for self-promotion, Lolo would be on the podium.
      Last edited by tandfman; 08-20-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

And we hope Lolo sets some masters records in the F40 category in the not-to-distant future at the World Masters Championships representing the USA.
        Somehow I don't see that happening....her ego couldn't take it...

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          If they gave medals for self-promotion, Lolo would be on he podium.
          She wouldn't even get a 'participation ribbon', compared to politicians and most everyone in the public eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Somehow I don't see that happening....her ego couldn't take it...
            I would not rule it out. Especially if a world record is in reach in the 100m hurdles. But I do not think it would be a long masters career. Sort of like Eamon Coughlin, I’d think she would set a record at age 40, and get out.

Comment

• This guy seems pretty clueless for a "sports" journalist. His article was driven by personal feelings and agenda, and not what's best for the sport in question.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/s...2020-1.6128427
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                This guy seems pretty clueless for a "sports" journalist. His article was driven by personal feelings and agenda, and not what's best for the sport in question.
                https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/s...2020-1.6128427
                That is most definitely NOT a 'sports' article; it is strictly social commentary, about a situation that the journalist (sic) has obviously not done her homework.
                It's clearly an opinion piece with, as you say, a predetermined agenda.
                The whole DSD in sports is hot-button now and we'll see plenty more.

Comment

• Campbell is an idiot in making a number of comments, such as:

"Urbas apparently unaware of the difference between a teenage phenom and a late bloomer."

Urbas knows what a real 100% woman is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    That is most definitely NOT a 'sports' article; it is strictly social commentary, about a situation that the journalist (sic) has obviously not done her homework.
                    Ironically the writer is a he, a common issue with a 'unisex' forename like Morgan.

It is an opinion piece rather than a balanced, considered article.

Comment

• Yahoo sports reporting @Men's 100m at the Prefontaine Meet says there was an historic first as the "entire field" of men ran under 10:00 (not true), then lists all eight runners (there were nine) then says that DeGrasse won with "his best ever non-wind assisted" time (it was windy) and gives credit to Isiah Young for attaining the most impressive "last place" in history (he wasn't last). Other than these minor details the article was just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                        Yahoo sports reporting @Men's 100m at the Prefontaine Meet says there was an historic first as the "entire field" of men ran under 10:00 (not true), then lists all eight runners (there were nine) then says that DeGrasse won with "his best ever non-wind assisted" time (it was windy) and gives credit to Isiah Young for attaining the most impressive "last place" in history (he wasn't last). Other than these minor details the article was just fine.
                        We're all such a bunch of pedants!

Comment

• If the guy ran any track at all .......he has world class speed......by football announcers on tv.

Once heard.......he has blazing speed, ran a 10.7 in high school......ha!!!!!

Comment

• I was watching the TiVo'ed U20 meet last night, and happened to notice in the upper left corner an apology for the loss of commentary. It was at the moment I realized why the last few minutes had been so pleasant.

Comment

• This article linked from the headlines page sets a new record for errors:

https://www.essentiallysports.com/at...eet-this-year/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                                Campbell is an idiot in making a number of comments, such as:

"Urbas apparently unaware of the difference between a teenage phenom and a late bloomer."

Urbas knows what a real 100% woman is.
                                He's got something of a point, in that Urbaś was unusually slow at 18 for someone who eventually became a world-class sprinter. But that doesn't make Urbaś wrong in his basic point.
                                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                                X