Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I did the State Capitol tour in Topeka last week. In their Lieutenant Governor's office, they have a big mural of Kansas map with the images of famous people from the state plastered.

There is Jim Ryun with a caption that says "first person to run a sub-4-minute mile..." And I thought, umm... ever heard of Roger Bannister?

I didn't say anything to the tour guide, because they cannot change the mural, can they?

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
      So I did the State Capitol tour in Topeka last week. In their Lieutenant Governor's office, they have a big mural of Kansas map with the images of famous people from the state plastered.

There is Jim Ryun with a caption that says "first person to run a sub-4-minute mile..." And I thought, umm... ever heard of Roger Bannister?

I didn't say anything to the tour guide, because they cannot change the mural, can they?
      No but he could mention that they meant HS runner to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        So I did the State Capitol tour in Topeka last week. In their Lieutenant Governor's office, they have a big mural of Kansas map with the images of famous people from the state plastered.

Maybe they were thinking of Wes Santee who came very close to doing just that.

Comment

• Or they were thinking Ryun was the first high schooler to run a sub 4 mile.

Comment

• This from a story in the Jamaica Gleaner.

Should 40-year-old track & field records be reviewed?

The standout error is listing Carl Lewis as the world record holder in the men's long jump.

Additionally, the author left off Marita Koch's 47.60.

Carl Lewis.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X