Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we are killing time..

Ice storm here last night.. dug back in closet for seldom worn leather jacket that I bought in Canada about ten years ago.. re-realized that the zipper tab is awkardly on the left side instead of the right as are all my other jackets.
    Is this a Canadian thing or did I buy a women's jacket? :?

Re: While we are killing time..

Google sees all

http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/coats ... zipper-tab

Comment

dunno where GQ found all those left side zippers..My personal inventory is 43 Right 1 Left, which has prompted me to call Goodwill with a donation...

Comment

In July I tried on a medium weight travel jacket in a store in Sauscilito and it had the zipper on the "Wrong" side. T'was a European label made in China so it's not a woman's jacket even though it too was my thought. I didn't buy it.

Comment

I think it may be a US/rest-of-the-world thing. I've never seen a left-side zipper on a men's garment sold in the US, but I have elsewhere.

Comment

As I recall, when I bought my jacket I was more concerned with weather than fashion...and I remember the sales clerk assured me it was a man's jacket.. it is satisfactory in every respect.. for a left handed person.

Comment

I'm a right handed person, but when I've had to deal with wrong-side zippers, I've managed. There are some things that the "other" hand should be able to do--to me, that's one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                I think it may be a US/rest-of-the-world thing.
                Could be. All my zipper tabs are on the left and anything else would feel odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                X