Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 112-12

That was the basketball score between Southern U out of the SWAC and what was the name of that school, hell, already forgot it much less what conference they were in. How do these types of things happen in todays world? It's amazing!

It was 44 to nothing before...?...even scored.

I'm sure most know about the Georgia Tech 222 to Cumberland 0 football game. You wouldn't think there was enought time to score that many points. There is a story there but can't recall the details.

Re: 112-12

116-12 was the final Southern over Champion Baptist. They are an independent school in Arkansas that Southern has no business scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra5
      116-12 was the final Southern over Champion Baptist. They are an independent school in Arkansas that Southern has no business scheduling.
      That's right 116, my bad.

I'm guessing Champion Baptist is a..."hey, if ya wanna shoot the ball around come on out"...haha~

I can't believe there isn't some rule or something so this sort of thing doesn't happen. You should have to at least stay in your Division. Imagine the USA National team taking on St.Kitts in track.

Comment

Or basketball national teams - 2012 Olympics - men's basketball

USA 156
        Nigeria 73

The next morning at the hotel, Geno Auriemma (the women's coach) ran into Mike Krzyzewski and told him, "Good coaching last nite"

Comment

Back in the 70's, my high school infamously went into the record books by being on the losing end of a 19-1 basketball game. We were playing the highest scoring team in the district, a team that had vastly superior athletes, and the coach's strategy was to freeze the ball for the entire game to try to keep the score close, only shooting as time expired each quarter. (At the time there was no shot clock yet.) It didn't go over too well with the opposing team, since the game ruined their chance to break the district record for highest average score per game. Not surprisingly, our school's coach was fired at the end of the season. I was still in junior high but I was at that game as a spectator. It was 2-0 after one quarter, 4-0 at the half, and 8-0 after 3 quarters. Then we got smoked 11-1 in the final quarter, making the final score 19-1.

Comment

At my high school, Framingham North HS near Boston, we had the worst hockey team in the league my senior year. The best team in the league was Needham HS, also the best team in the state for several years, because their star was Robbie Ftorek, who later played in the NHL for many years, and later coached. As a freshman Ftorek broke the Massachusetts schoolboy record for scoring and then re-broke it every year. When we played Needham my senior year they beat us 18-0 - in hockey! And our goalie stopped 93 shots - a state record - he was actually league all-star goalie. Needham's goalie stopped 1 shot.

Also my high school golf team wasn't too swift either. As you would expect I played on it, and for the three years I was on it, our record was 0-27. Nobody on the team could consistently break 85 except me. Framingham South HS, on the other hand, where all my golfing buddies went to school, was the best team in the state for 2 years, although they finished 2nd in the HS tourney our senior year when my best friend (a scratch player) shot 77 in the tournament, which hurt them badly.

Comment

I knew a young HS B-ball coach who had a decent team with one legit D-1 prospect and a bunch of other average, hard working players. They had a game against a national powerhouse with starters all D-1 guys and a bench of similar athletes but younger.
              So my friend has his team play ultra-ball control and at the end of the first half the big-time team has doubled the score - somewhere around 15 to 30 and the other coach pulls my friend aside and says, "Hey, coach go ahead and let the kids run in the 2nd half."
              And my friend replies, "Nah, you might beat us by 30 but I'm f***ed if you beat us by 60!"

Comment

There was a Tennessee high school football team back in the day that wasn't scored on all year, but the real..wow...was, nobody crossed the 50 yard line on them. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                X