Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst movies of the year...

Bottom 10 list from the SF Chron's critic:

<<...Most years it's difficult to find 10 films to fill a top 10 list, while candidates for worst of the year abound. Not in 2013. This year I had to winnow my top 10 from about 16 or 17 strong candidates, while choosing the worst of the year was a fairly straightforward process. I had 14 possibilities at most, and narrowing them down was just a matter of sense memory - recalling things like pain, fatigue and restless leg syndrome, and then measuring the intensity of each memory of discomfort against the others.

The good news is that, even though there weren't as many awful movies in 2013, this year's worst films stand up with the very worst of other years. They compensated for their lack of quantity by their distinct lack of quality…>

http://www.sfgate.com/movies/article/Th ... 102139.php

Re: worst movies of the year...

Fortunately, I only saw a couple of those (Hobbit?!), but I nominate Anchorman 2 as THE worst.

Comment

As testament to my discerning taste in film, I was 0 for 10 in this line up, 0 for 11 if you count Anchorman 2

Comment

The question is: what movies did we see that we're worse than we Expected. My list would include: Philomena, Nebraska.

Comment

I could see Philomena was going to be a predictable dragging bore and only the weather spared me from being inveigled (again) into seeing it... Nebraska is for those with nostalgia for traveling the Great Plains in b&w.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
            The question is: what movies did we see that we're worse than we Expected.
            That's exactly where The Hobbit lies. By quite a bit.
            If that were the only Peter Jackson Tolkein movie ever made, it would be 'very good', but it falls so short of the mark Jackson has set, it cannot help but disappoint.

Comment

I've been told by 3 people of various ages that The Wolf of Wall Street is a movie to be avoided.

Comment

Of the Bottom Ten, the only one I saw or am/was tempted to see was the Hobbit/2, and while not great, it is far from a Bottom Ten selection (except by comparison). Of course, I do not see nearly as many movies as many here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Originally posted by jeremyp
                  The question is: what movies did we see that we're worse than we Expected.
                  That's exactly where The Hobbit lies. By quite a bit.
                  If that were the only Peter Jackson Tolkein movie ever made, it would be 'very good', but it falls so short of the mark Jackson has set, it cannot help but disappoint.
                  I must admit that I was bored to tears in the last hour. Dwarves don't do much 4 me. But I like Elvin shes.

Comment

Working...
                  X