Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 Highest Paid Athlete Endorsers

They admit this list is incomplete. Certainly, there are T&F athletes other than Bolt who are paid more than $75,000 (which is their #100).

http://opendorse.com/top-100-highest-pa ... s-of-2013/

Re: Top 100 Highest Paid Athlete Endorsers

Note that the money they're talking about is only for endorsements. Many athletes earn more than that if you take prize money into consideration, especially in a World Championships year. There probably are only a few whose endorsement contracts are in the 6 figures.

I suspect you're right, however, in thinking that there must be some other than Bolt whose endorsements are bringing them over $75 thou.

Comment

Am I the only person alive who does not understand how anyone is influenced to buy a product because it is endorsed by an athlete/celebrity regardless of whether the endorser does or does not actually use the product or has any expertise in evaluating it. :?
      The Unit was one of my favorite TV shows but what does that have to do with Dennis Haysbert (sp?) pitching insurance?

Comment

I've always felt the same way about celebrity endorsements. What some athlete or movie/tv star says about a product that he/she is obviously being paid to endorse doesn't tell me anything I really want to know about the product. These endorsements have never had the slightest positive influence on my purchase decisions.

But we are clearly in a small minority, lonewolf. Were that not so, advertisers would save their money and figure out some other way to promote their stuff, rather than pay the celebrities.

Comment

Working...
        X