Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Great actor, what a loss. Found with needle in arm, probably Heroin overdose. Only46. Absolutely uncanny as "Capote. " Apparently Capote also was a heroin addict.

Re: RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

This is very sad news. I enjoyed him in several movies. RIP.

Comment

NY Post is reporting it as probable (heroin) overdose. He was found with a needle in his arm.

On a eerie note, some crank website had posted a hoax about his demise last week (Jan 31st, to be precise).

Comment

Very sad and disappointing. I've liked everything he's done. I liked that he was willing to do both big-money projects and quirky movies like The Master that would be seen by maybe fifteen people. This has to throw a wrench in the gears of the last Hunger Games movie.

Comment

Mockingjay 1 is in post-production, so they may be safe on that score, but doesn't look like they've filmed any Mockingjay 2 yet. I guess he dies in a major off-screen twist!

Comment

could be related to this?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/5096813/

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              A heroin EPIDEMIC? I find that an unfortunate use of the word . . . as though these junkies are just the poor prey of being caught in a high-contagion area and 'catching' the plague. :?
              Let's take a little responsibility here and acknowledge that this is very much a choice - and a spectacularly, bewilderingly poor one at that.

Comment

my bad… meant this link

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nass ... -1.6920119

Comment

It just doesn't get too much uglier or more depressing than this...

Comment

Reading the Keith Richards bio informed me that there are ways to take H' and ways to get yourself killed. Apparently you are in a particularly vulnerable state immediately after a period of non-use. Something about properly building up (again).

I wasn't that big a fan of Talented Mr.Ripley but I thought he was the best thing in it.

Comment

I don't know why I thought he was older.. granted he was an excellent actor but I will never understand why anyone of any age injects, ingests or inhales any substance that alters their mental/emotional state...especially when it is potentially lethal...

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        I don't know why I thought he was older.. granted he was an excellent actor but I will never understand why anyone of any age injects, ingests or inhales any substance that alters their mental/emotional state...especially when it is potentially lethal...
                        errr…. cuz it feels REALLLLLY good?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          I would not know but in this case, he swapped 30 or 40 years of life for a few minutes of feel good that, since the needle was still in his arm, he did not even live to enjoy.. :?

Comment

Apparently, a heroin/fentanyl cocktail is now in vogue. It would be a powerful suppressor of respiratory centers. Be prepared for more of these reports.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              I will never understand why anyone of any age injects, ingests or inhales any substance that alters their mental/emotional state...especially when it is potentially lethal...
                              NOTHING (!) feels THAT good.

Comment

Working...
                              X