Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    Anybody tried the new Netflix collection, Ozark? Checking in as an 8.7 on IMDB.
    It started well but then it seemed to be more interested in being a satire than a dramatic series. Suspending disbelief became more and more arduous.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Just finished watching all 10 episodes of the 1st season of GLOW!
      While it was very good, it didn't quite hold onto the---pardon!----GLOWing quality of the pilot episode!

If it returns for a 2nd season, I'll watch it!

I wish "Pitch" would return for a 2nd season also!!
      I, too, enjoyed GLOW and would watch again. Ditto on Pitch; wish that didn't get axed.

Comment

• Binged on 'The Hand-Maid's Tale' over the last coupla days.

I'm a sucker for dystopian-future type tales and thought this was great. Acting and cinematography was generally superb. Looking forward to a second series.

This weekend will be 'The Defenders'

Comment

• I now binge watch European TV shows almost exclusively. Mhz Choice, Walter presents. Just finished "Beck" a Swedish detective series that went from 1997 to now.

Comment

• Am watching PURE which is a CBC show running on Hulu about Mennonite involvement in the drug trade. Pretty good.

Comment

• Not sure if I've mentioned (or if anyone has) an excellent French series called "Le Bureau" about the DGSE [The General Directorate for External Securiy] - it starts slow, but the 2 series build very well, with good characterisation and plotlines - 18 hours for you quality bingers

Comment

• Originally posted by rhymans View Post
                Not sure if I've mentioned (or if anyone has) an excellent French series called "Le Bureau" about the DGSE [The General Directorate for External Securiy] - it starts slow, but the 2 series build very well, with good characterisation and plotlines - 18 hours for you quality bingers
                Yes a very good series and I enjoyed the first 2 seasons. I'm waiting for Sundance to get all episodes so I can binge it.

Comment

• Having now done Ozark, I give it a big thumbs-up. Interesting parallels with Breaking Bad, methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                    Having now done Ozark, I give it a big thumbs-up. Interesting parallels with Breaking Bad, methinks.
                    Agree, think the local frizzy haired redneck girl may be best thing in it. Jason Bateman keeps coming up with innovative ways to launder Mexican drug lord's revenue (resort, church, strip club).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                      Agree, think the local frizzy haired redneck girl may be best thing in it. Jason Bateman keeps coming up with innovative ways to launder Mexican drug lord's revenue (resort, church, strip club).
                      Just started with it and it's a keeper through two episodes.

Comment

• Started on Westworld last night somewhat by accident. Two episodes in and I'm absolutely hooked.

Plus, this AT&T commercial makes sense now! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llfmfgp6mTA
                        There are no strings on me

Comment

• Now halfway through the new season of Narcos. More great stuff! (once you figure out all the characters, that is)

Comment

• Caught up with Narcos, hunkered down in Gainesville, during Irma. Don't get too attached to any characters, cause they'll probably be dead soon.

Comment

• Better they then you...

Comment

• Just watched the initial episode (first aired on A&E on Aug 15) of "The Murder of Laci Peterson"---a documentary series on that double murder (Laci & her baby) on Dec 24, 2002.

Excellent show so far!
                                (Intend to watch the next 5 or so episodes---tonight!!!)
                                Gives a fairly balanced view---asking lots of questions----but it does lean toward Scott being guilty!

Which I firmly believe he is!
                                (He remains on Death Row!)

Anyway, highly recommend for those interested in the case!
                                (I read just 1 book on the murders---which concluded he was guilty!!)

ADD: Did it! Watched all 6 fifty-plus minute episodes!
                                It's a one "season" show!

The last episode told of a habeas corpus suit which says Scott Peterson is innocent---because the cops didn't investigate evidence of mistakes in the murder's timelines!

The first 5 episodes reviewed the case, went heavily into how the media frenzy might have affected people's feelings, and how Amber Frey's trial appearance changed everything (tapes of her phone calls with Scott proving he lied about tons of stuff).

They say the courts will rule on the habeas corpus appeal later this year!
                                Meanwhile, Scott's been on Death Row for about 12 years---while Laci and unborn son Connor have been dead for 15 years come December 24th!

Well done series, but no real conclusion!
                                I'll give it a C+.
                                Last edited by aaronk; 09-29-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X