• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

next thing you know you'll have graduated to My 600-Pound Life
    I tried watching My 600-Pound Life, but I cannot deal with that show. Those people gets on my last nerve. How do you allow yourself to get that big? But then I have to remind myself, that I have not "walked in their shoes" so maybe I am being a bit judgmental..

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Django View Post
    Has anyone else watched "Baptiste" on PBS? I missed several episodes after fracturing my hip, and then met dozing off when I was able to watch again, but liked what I saw, and finally bought a DVD containing about 6 episodes.
    I thought it was lame. Not nearly as good as the Missing series. Plenty of action but the Tom Hollander and Europol character drove me nuts. I heard that the Dutch characters were actually speaking Flemish. Sort of like New Yorkers with a Canadian accent??

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Or Botched. I get the heebie-jeebies if I pause there on my surfing travels.

Leave a comment:

• Django
    replied
    Has anyone else watched "Baptiste" on PBS? I missed several episodes after fracturing my hip, and then met dozing off when I was able to watch again, but liked what I saw, and finally bought a DVD containing about 6 episodes.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
    I am binge watching DR. PIMPLE POPPER on TLC. It can be kind of gross, but........

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    I am binge watching DR. PIMPLE POPPER on TLC. It can be kind of gross, but........

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    if you get epix among your cable offerings, sounds like Laurel Canyon is worth catching on Sunday night (first of 2 parts)

One of the most sacred musical places in the baby boomer bible sits just above the Sunset Strip in the once-ramshackle Laurel Canyon neighborhood.

The era’s own Garden of Eden, the labyrinthine neighborhood became a tangled nest of creativity that housed rising artists including Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Frank Zappa, James Taylor, Jackson Browne and members of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Monkees, Love, the Eagles and dozens of other soon-to-be-famous artists.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cumentary-epix
    I really enjoyed that show. Some of my most beloved musicians come off as complete flakes, but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    For those who are interested in True Crime there is another documentary on the UnaBomber on Netflix. "In his own words." An interesting (unknown to me?) twist on who blew the whistle on him. Not the brother.. No spoilers
    Last edited by jeremyp; 05-30-2020, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . oh wait, I'm sorry, did you say something?
    What? No Super heroes?

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    I would also recommend National Geographic's "Barkskins" by Annie Proulx. It's about 17th century Canada.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . oh wait, I'm sorry, did you say something?

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The History Channel specials always suck me in. Just started the US Grant 6-hour one. Fascinating.
    I would also recommend National Geographic's "Barkskins" by Annie Proulx. It's about 17th century Canada.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    if you get epix among your cable offerings, sounds like Laurel Canyon is worth catching on Sunday night (first of 2 parts)

One of the most sacred musical places in the baby boomer bible sits just above the Sunset Strip in the once-ramshackle Laurel Canyon neighborhood.

The era’s own Garden of Eden, the labyrinthine neighborhood became a tangled nest of creativity that housed rising artists including Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Frank Zappa, James Taylor, Jackson Browne and members of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Monkees, Love, the Eagles and dozens of other soon-to-be-famous artists.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cumentary-epix

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    The History Channel specials always suck me in. Just started the US Grant 6-hour one. Fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• KDFINE
    replied
    Just started watching "Peaky Blinders." However, I'm not watching more than one a night.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    you speak Nolan far better than I
    Great stories run in the family!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X