Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the official binge-watching thread

But we really can't complain too much, after all, we are buying that nobody recognises Clark Kent because he "disguises" himself with glasses, or that aliens all around the universe speak english, or that a robot built in the US in 2029 speaks with an austrian accent.

Comment

I smell a binge coming on this weekend! Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!
        Um . . . are we suffering from the same affliction as NBC? Unclear on the distinction between 'live' and 'recorded'? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          I smell a binge coming on this weekend! Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!
          Spoiler alert. He and Walter White show up in the Crimea dressed in Russian uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            I've so far resisted Netflix, but House Of Cards apparently may be enough to make me sign on. If it's half as good as the original (Ian Richardson in one of the most memorable TV rolls ever), it'll be worth it. I note that both versions get an 8.9 on IMDB.

Anybody seen both?
            With the World Juniors finally out of the way, got to start House of Cards yesterday and did the first two eps.

Initial reaction: classic stuff, but a cut below the original, as good as Kevin Spacey may be.

Give Robin Wright an award for greatest portrayal of an ice bitch of all time. Maybe it comes easily after being married to Sean Penn for a long time?

Comment

I am currently binge-watching (very rare for me - I'm too ADD) the BBC Sherlock episodes - GREAT stuff!!
              Sir ACD hit the jackpot with the character. I'm a huge fan of all the current iterations: Robt D, Jr and TV's Elementary. MOST murder mysteries and Private Eye creations are just pale imitations of him.

Comment

^ agree w you. I know there are varieties of Sherlock fans that cannot abide one, or some, or all of these, but like you, I enjoy them all, especially BBC's Sherlock. Who plays Watson makes a big difference for me, and I really like Martin Freeman in that version. As for Elementary, I have only seen 2-3 episodes, but thought they were good too. Lucy Liu as Watson -- that's a great choice for many reasons, IMO. Also thought
                Downey & Law made a great team, too.

Comment

For "The Killing" fans Netfix has he last 6 episodes on now. I found it a disappointment and thought it had jumped the shark. Hey I may be old but I keep up with some modernisms.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    For "The Killing" fans Netfix has he last 6 episodes on now. I found it a disappointment and thought it had jumped the shark. Hey I may be old but I keep up with some modernisms.
                    I absolutely love this series...hopefully you are just hard to please and it isnt so bad for me
                    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Finished the Wire 1 day ago(best series ever on TV) and now Im 3 seasons into Lost. Will do the sopranos after lost. I love Uni vacation
                      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

many people have called The Wire the "best ever" but while I really (really-really) liked it, I can't find a place for it in my top 10. Lost, yes. The best part about getting old is that it'll only be another 2-3 years before I can watch it again and it will again have surprises for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                          I absolutely love this series...hopefully you are just hard to please and it isnt so bad for me
                          It gets much darker than usual, if that's possible, and Linden definitely needs a new job. Maybe as a Walmart greeter!

Comment

Watch Luther.

Comment

Just finished watching Netflix's latest, a Brit import called "Happy Valley." Very worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                                this has finally made it to the top of my to-watch queue; hopefully I'll find it less sharky than you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X