Clear All

• gh
    replied
    you speak Nolan far better than I

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    I sat down to watch Westworld 3, but then realized I'd probably be totally lost without rewatching 2. Then I realized I'd probably be lost without rewaatching 1. So, 28 episodes later I'm at athe point where I may need to watch 3 for a second time just to fill in all the blanks.
    There are several great plot-recap sources on-line and very coupla episodes I would read one just to make sure I had caught everything (I'm batting about .750 which ain't bad!).

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Even tho neither I nor my wife are basketball fans, we were transfixed by The Last Dance (subtitle: Why MJ always gets everything he wants).
    It revealed MJ to be a jerk and a bully, but it also illustrated why's he's the GOAT. His single-minded competitive obsession drove him to constantly see affronts where there were none. He made sure there was always a chip on his shoulder, even though there was absolutely none there. We came out of the 10-part series with a begrudging admiration for his will to be the best.
    Despite being a doting paean to him, it was made well and extremely entertaining. It even washed out the taste of Tiger King form our mouths.
    That and how much he missed his Dad....

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I sat down to watch Westworld 3, but then realized I'd probably be totally lost without rewatching 2. Then I realized I'd probably be lost without rewaatching 1. So, 28 episodes later I'm at athe point where I may need to watch 3 for a second time just to fill in all the blanks.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Even tho neither I nor my wife are basketball fans, we were transfixed by The Last Dance (subtitle: Why MJ always gets everything he wants).
    It revealed MJ to be a jerk and a bully, but it also illustrated why's he's the GOAT. His single-minded competitive obsession drove him to constantly see affronts where there were none. He made sure there was always a chip on his shoulder, even though there was absolutely none there. We came out of the 10-part series with a begrudging admiration for his will to be the best.
    Despite being a doting paean to him, it was made well and extremely entertaining. It even washed out the taste of Tiger King form our mouths.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    On Netflix I recommend: "Unorthodox." It's about a woman who escapes from a very Orthodox Jewish community. I do not recommend "Reckoning." Another serial killer series that follows the usual mythology. On Acorn I recommend "Gold Digger" if just for the fact that it's a British series about an older woman and a much younger man. Is he or isn't he? It explores a dysfunctional family and it's secrets.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Foyle’s war is superb. Into season three now.
    Yes Foyle's War is superb...getting the period just right.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    With the delightful Honeysuckle Weeks. Sister of Perdita, and Rollo.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    It's Saul Bass's 100th birthday today...and Criterion Channel has a collection of some legendary title sequences...

https://www.criterionchannel.com/sau...nel-newsletter

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    3 seasons of The Sinner (on USA) makes for interesting police work with some weird twists

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
    I am binge watching The Last Dance.
    local sportsradio guys are ecstatic over it (of course, they are struggling to find things to talk about!)

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    I am binge watching The Last Dance.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I think I saw her in a play in London....a fine actress.. ....I've seen a couple of movies she was in.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-04-2020, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    finished ripping through Ozark 3.... wow! just keeps getting better.

Was intrigued to find out that the actor who plays my favorite character (the lawyer), Janet McTeer, is a 2-time Oscar nominee for best actress. (I never saw either of them)
    And a Brit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X