X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post
    The wife and I just wrapped up the third season of "Ozark" on Netflix. This series has some of the best acting performances I have seen on TV, and the writing is superlative. If you have a strong stomach for violence and foul language, this one is worth the time.
    We're five episodes into season three and most of this I agree with. Somewhere on the boards I've talked about the fact that I love most of the actors and most of the Ozark story. But there are still a lot of irritatingly improbable decisions being made by key characters, and the voice of one of the main characters (Julia Garner playing Ruth Langmore) is like fingernails on chalkboard to me.

Other than that - it's great!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I [Extraction] Sounds like it's right up my alley (blow-em-up action) and my wife's (Thor!).
    Jeez. Be careful what you wish for.
    It was a first-shooter video game with live-action (make that - dead-action) characters.
    The premise is good; Chris H is good, but . . . the body-count is enormous and lurid.
    I 'liked' it, but my wife just looked away most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    not a "binge" since it's just a single show, but my paper likes this Netflix bit that debuts today:

Review: Chris Hemsworth is an old-time movie star and that makes ‘Extraction’ special

Whatever is good about “Extraction” has nothing to do with the story (which is the usual thing) or the title (which suggests a trip to the dentist). It’s in the way the movie makes use of and supports Chris Hemsworth, who stars as a black-market mercenary on an insanely dangerous mission......
    The Trailer is enticing. Remove disbelief from brain time. Bad Hindus versus Bad Muslims! Bollywood with a down under accent!

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    https://www.metacritic.com/feature/tv-premiere-dates

Good site for keeping up with what is coming.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    [B]Review: Chris Hemsworth is an old-time movie star and that makes ‘Extraction’ special.
    I wrote that on my calendar for today, a month ago. Sounds like it's right up my alley (blow-em-up action) and my wife's (Thor!).
    Watching tonight (date night!).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    not a "binge" since it's just a single show, but my paper likes this Netflix bit that debuts today:

Review: Chris Hemsworth is an old-time movie star and that makes ‘Extraction’ special

Whatever is good about “Extraction” has nothing to do with the story (which is the usual thing) or the title (which suggests a trip to the dentist). It’s in the way the movie makes use of and supports Chris Hemsworth, who stars as a black-market mercenary on an insanely dangerous mission......

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The 10-part ESPN special on the 97-98 Bulls, The Last Dance, is compelling stuff, and I'm not even a basketball fan. Jordan was the premier celebrity on the planet.
    A great story indeed....and perfect villains in Jerry 'Crumbs' Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ed~curatedpage

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    The 10-part ESPN special on the 97-98 Bulls, The Last Dance, is compelling stuff, and I'm not even a basketball fan. Jordan was the premier celebrity on the planet.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    I've been sitting on Homeland so I can binge the whole season, although part of me is thinking about binging from Season 1 all the way through!
    How many Presidents ago was that?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I've been sitting on Homeland so I can binge the whole season, although part of me is thinking about binging from Season 1 all the way through!

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Latest season of Bosch was excellent, as usual!
    Yes! Half way through. Had to stop to catch up to those damn 1x week shows that we tape. The stuff we want to watch (or that I make my wife watch) is just piling up. One more Homeland and Ray Donovan and adios for ever (although there is a rumor Ray will have a final final episode to please haters of cliff hangers).

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Latest season of Bosch was excellent, as usual!

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Very intense show. The Israelis do a great job at portraying their view of the situation, but I doubt many Arabs would agree. It's a complicated and often confusing show for non Middle Easterners to watch, especially for those with no Arabic/Hebrew reference. The captions tell us what they are saying, but is it an Arab or a Jew? An Israeli Arab, or a West Bank Arab? Druze or Arab?
    I agree that it was at times confusing for me. I can’t distinguish Spoken Arabic from Hebrew so I wasn’t always sure who was who. Still very good.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post

Just finished Fauda season 1. That was pretty chilling.
    Very intense show. The Israelis do a great job at portraying their view of the situation, but I doubt many Arabs would agree. It's a complicated and often confusing show for non Middle Easterners to watch, especially for those with no Arabic/Hebrew reference. The captions tell us what they are saying, but is it an Arab or a Jew? An Israeli Arab, or a West Bank Arab? Druze or Arab?

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Unorthodox is on my watch list. Have to get through Fauda (#3) and Bosch first.
    Just finished Fauda season 1. That was pretty chilling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X