Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the official binge-watching thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watched the first episode of the first season of Sherlock with my wife a few nights ago, her initiation. She was immediately taken by it. Second episode in the books tonight. Looks like I get to watch them all again.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DrJay View Post
      Watched the first episode of the first season of Sherlock with my wife a few nights ago, her initiation. She was immediately taken by it. Second episode in the books tonight. Looks like I get to watch them all again.
      We are halfway thru the first season of Elementary. Johnny Lee Miller shoulda gotten an Emmy every year for that!

      Comment


      • if you're an NFL fan, I note that the league is offering free access to NFL Game Pass, which among other goodies offers all games the league has played in the last 11 years.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gh View Post
          if you're an NFL fan, I note that the league is offering free access to NFL Game Pass, which among other goodies offers all games the league has played in the last 11 years.
          This morning's paper had a guide to the best Cheers episodes (Netflix), so that's where we'll be next.

          Comment


          • About a year ago I was able to browse youtube on my phone and then it would ask me if I wanted to watch it on the big screen television. I would say yes and all of a sudden my big flat screen TV would light up with the youtube video!!..

            For some reason, my phone no longer has this feature, not sure what happened but I sure miss being able to watch youtube on my TV!!

            Comment


            • The wife and I just wrapped up the third season of "Ozark" on Netflix. This series has some of the best acting performances I have seen on TV, and the writing is superlative. If you have a strong stomach for violence and foul language, this one is worth the time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by user4 View Post
                About a year ago I was able to browse youtube on my phone and then it would ask me if I wanted to watch it on the big screen television. I would say yes and all of a sudden my big flat screen TV would light up with the youtube video!!..

                For some reason, my phone no longer has this feature, not sure what happened but I sure miss being able to watch youtube on my TV!!
                your phone is probably suffering from screenis-envy and is no longer on speaking terms with the TV

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gh View Post

                  your phone is probably suffering from screenis-envy and is no longer on speaking terms with the TV
                  Seriously, i thought maybe my cell service didnt want to give up the data but as you might know, when im in the house my cell grabs its connections through the house wifi/router. Im paying almost 200 per month for a TV I never watch and the in house data I hardly ever use and then insult on injury I cant even share my phone screen and audio feed with the cable TV, a TV that is the latest and greatest HD. Im the Rodney Dangerfield of home data entertainment!

                  Addendum: I spent some time on this issue last night. I now suspect that it is YouTube. I went to another video site, Vimeo, and the broadcast icon reappeared.
                  Last edited by user4; 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Took SHOtime's offer of a free month and am binging "Homeland." Entertaining. Ludicrous, but entertaining. So many RUFK moments.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                      The wife and I just wrapped up the third season of "Ozark" on Netflix. This series has some of the best acting performances I have seen on TV, and the writing is superlative. If you have a strong stomach for violence and foul language, this one is worth the time.
                      Provided one accepts that the characters consistently, and predictably, make the wrong decisions. In fiction the writers have to have flawed characters in order to keep the story going. Had the Byrdes taken that plane....or if Darlene had kept her mouth shut...or ....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

                        Provided one accepts that the characters consistently, and predictably, make the wrong decisions. In fiction the writers have to have flawed characters in order to keep the story going. Had the Byrdes taken that plane....or if Darlene had kept her mouth shut...or ....
                        The characters are interesting in that one minute they make brilliant decisions and the next, they are incredibly self destructive. I liked that there were very few characters who we complete idiots or caricatures.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

                          Provided one accepts that the characters consistently, and predictably, make the wrong decisions. In fiction the writers have to have flawed characters in order to keep the story going. Had the Byrdes taken that plane....or if Darlene had kept her mouth shut...or ....
                          no spoilers please!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gh View Post

                            no spoilers please!
                            I think you'll find that nothing has been spoiled.

                            Comment


                            • Anybody watch last season of Ray Donovan? I hear they cancelled the show after ending it with a cliff hanger? I wasn't too pleased they moved it to New York, and was debating watching it this season. But I have a free month of SHO...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dave View Post

                                The characters are interesting in that one minute they make brilliant decisions and the next, they are incredibly self destructive. I liked that there were very few characters who we complete idiots or caricatures.
                                I could name quite a few but gh wouldn't like it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X