Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I highly recommend Peyton's Places. 20 episodes - 10 well-spent hours by me and the missus. His very entertaining retrospective of the first 100 years of the NFL.

Comment

• How did I miss this?!
      I just discovered a decade old six-part documentary on Netflix about . . . Monty Python!

Monty Python: Almost the Truth (Lawyers Cut)

It's fascinating. I had no idea about all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans and skullduggery.
      It's a must-see for Python fans, but then again, they have probably already seen it.

Comment

• Community
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• We finished The Crown and Unorthodox. Both fascinating views of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
            We finished The Crown and Unorthodox. Both fascinating views of the world.
            Unorthodox is on my watch list. Have to get through Fauda (#3) and Bosch first.

Comment

• Finally found time to start watching an 11 DVD set on American Wars 1770-2018.. 40 hours the case says.,.. I am through #4... surprised how much I have forgotten..and never knew... much more informative about the origin and evolution of war than your standard history book.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Unorthodox is on my watch list. Have to get through Fauda (#3) and Bosch first.
                Just finished Fauda season 1. That was pretty chilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Just finished Fauda season 1. That was pretty chilling.
                  Very intense show. The Israelis do a great job at portraying their view of the situation, but I doubt many Arabs would agree. It's a complicated and often confusing show for non Middle Easterners to watch, especially for those with no Arabic/Hebrew reference. The captions tell us what they are saying, but is it an Arab or a Jew? An Israeli Arab, or a West Bank Arab? Druze or Arab?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Very intense show. The Israelis do a great job at portraying their view of the situation, but I doubt many Arabs would agree. It's a complicated and often confusing show for non Middle Easterners to watch, especially for those with no Arabic/Hebrew reference. The captions tell us what they are saying, but is it an Arab or a Jew? An Israeli Arab, or a West Bank Arab? Druze or Arab?
                    I agree that it was at times confusing for me. I can’t distinguish Spoken Arabic from Hebrew so I wasn’t always sure who was who. Still very good.

Comment

• Latest season of Bosch was excellent, as usual!

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                        Latest season of Bosch was excellent, as usual!
                        Yes! Half way through. Had to stop to catch up to those damn 1x week shows that we tape. The stuff we want to watch (or that I make my wife watch) is just piling up. One more Homeland and Ray Donovan and adios for ever (although there is a rumor Ray will have a final final episode to please haters of cliff hangers).

Comment

• I've been sitting on Homeland so I can binge the whole season, although part of me is thinking about binging from Season 1 all the way through!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                            I've been sitting on Homeland so I can binge the whole season, although part of me is thinking about binging from Season 1 all the way through!
                            How many Presidents ago was that?

Comment

• The 10-part ESPN special on the 97-98 Bulls, The Last Dance, is compelling stuff, and I'm not even a basketball fan. Jordan was the premier celebrity on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                The 10-part ESPN special on the 97-98 Bulls, The Last Dance, is compelling stuff, and I'm not even a basketball fan. Jordan was the premier celebrity on the planet.
                                A great story indeed....and perfect villains in Jerry 'Crumbs' Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ed~curatedpage

Comment

Working...
                                X