X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Provided one accepts that the characters consistently, and predictably, make the wrong decisions. In fiction the writers have to have flawed characters in order to keep the story going. Had the Byrdes taken that plane....or if Darlene had kept her mouth shut...or ....
    no spoilers please!

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Provided one accepts that the characters consistently, and predictably, make the wrong decisions. In fiction the writers have to have flawed characters in order to keep the story going. Had the Byrdes taken that plane....or if Darlene had kept her mouth shut...or ....
    The characters are interesting in that one minute they make brilliant decisions and the next, they are incredibly self destructive. I liked that there were very few characters who we complete idiots or caricatures.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post
    The wife and I just wrapped up the third season of "Ozark" on Netflix. This series has some of the best acting performances I have seen on TV, and the writing is superlative. If you have a strong stomach for violence and foul language, this one is worth the time.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Took SHOtime's offer of a free month and am binging "Homeland." Entertaining. Ludicrous, but entertaining. So many RUFK moments.

Leave a comment:

• user4
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

your phone is probably suffering from screenis-envy and is no longer on speaking terms with the TV
    Seriously, i thought maybe my cell service didnt want to give up the data but as you might know, when im in the house my cell grabs its connections through the house wifi/router. Im paying almost 200 per month for a TV I never watch and the in house data I hardly ever use and then insult on injury I cant even share my phone screen and audio feed with the cable TV, a TV that is the latest and greatest HD. Im the Rodney Dangerfield of home data entertainment!

Addendum: I spent some time on this issue last night. I now suspect that it is YouTube. I went to another video site, Vimeo, and the broadcast icon reappeared.
    Last edited by user4; 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by user4 View Post
    About a year ago I was able to browse youtube on my phone and then it would ask me if I wanted to watch it on the big screen television. I would say yes and all of a sudden my big flat screen TV would light up with the youtube video!!..

For some reason, my phone no longer has this feature, not sure what happened but I sure miss being able to watch youtube on my TV!!
    your phone is probably suffering from screenis-envy and is no longer on speaking terms with the TV

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    The wife and I just wrapped up the third season of "Ozark" on Netflix. This series has some of the best acting performances I have seen on TV, and the writing is superlative. If you have a strong stomach for violence and foul language, this one is worth the time.

Leave a comment:

• user4
    replied
    About a year ago I was able to browse youtube on my phone and then it would ask me if I wanted to watch it on the big screen television. I would say yes and all of a sudden my big flat screen TV would light up with the youtube video!!..

For some reason, my phone no longer has this feature, not sure what happened but I sure miss being able to watch youtube on my TV!!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    if you're an NFL fan, I note that the league is offering free access to NFL Game Pass, which among other goodies offers all games the league has played in the last 11 years.
    This morning's paper had a guide to the best Cheers episodes (Netflix), so that's where we'll be next.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    if you're an NFL fan, I note that the league is offering free access to NFL Game Pass, which among other goodies offers all games the league has played in the last 11 years.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Watched the first episode of the first season of Sherlock with my wife a few nights ago, her initiation. She was immediately taken by it. Second episode in the books tonight. Looks like I get to watch them all again.
    We are halfway thru the first season of Elementary. Johnny Lee Miller shoulda gotten an Emmy every year for that!

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Watched the first episode of the first season of Sherlock with my wife a few nights ago, her initiation. She was immediately taken by it. Second episode in the books tonight. Looks like I get to watch them all again.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    in case you're wondering how to get something while housebound, go to https://www.justwatch.com and you can search for video content and it will list for you how you can stream/watch/buy.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    We watched that through and I must say, if the intent was to show how great he was, it did just the opposite.
    Maybe I should not comment before watching it, but I don't think that was the intent. (Based on Doris Kearns Goodwin interview I saw.) I think the intent was rather to "demystify" the legendary figure who has often been portrayed as infallible. The "great heroes" in history had many short comings, but they managed to overcome them and ended up achieving something great with perseverance.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    And then there is History Channel's "Washington" which I haven't even started yet.
    We watched that through and I must say, if the intent was to show how great he was, it did just the opposite. He botched most of his military campaigns up to 'Crossing the Delaware'. His plantation was going under and it was his ambition alone that got him the role of General of The Armies.
    That said, he survived long enough to see Yorktown, which we never could have won without the French. As a President, he was much better, mostly by ensuring the Presidency did not become another Kingship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X