Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the official binge-watching thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I sat down to watch Westworld 3, but then realized I'd probably be totally lost without rewatching 2. Then I realized I'd probably be lost without rewaatching 1. So, 28 episodes later I'm at athe point where I may need to watch 3 for a second time just to fill in all the blanks.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Even tho neither I nor my wife are basketball fans, we were transfixed by The Last Dance (subtitle: Why MJ always gets everything he wants).
      It revealed MJ to be a jerk and a bully, but it also illustrated why's he's the GOAT. His single-minded competitive obsession drove him to constantly see affronts where there were none. He made sure there was always a chip on his shoulder, even though there was absolutely none there. We came out of the 10-part series with a begrudging admiration for his will to be the best.
      Despite being a doting paean to him, it was made well and extremely entertaining. It even washed out the taste of Tiger King form our mouths.
      That and how much he missed his Dad....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gh View Post
        I sat down to watch Westworld 3, but then realized I'd probably be totally lost without rewatching 2. Then I realized I'd probably be lost without rewaatching 1. So, 28 episodes later I'm at athe point where I may need to watch 3 for a second time just to fill in all the blanks.
        There are several great plot-recap sources on-line and very coupla episodes I would read one just to make sure I had caught everything (I'm batting about .750 which ain't bad!).

        Comment


        • you speak Nolan far better than I

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gh View Post
            you speak Nolan far better than I
            Great stories run in the family!

            Comment


            • Just started watching "Peaky Blinders." However, I'm not watching more than one a night.

              Comment


              • The History Channel specials always suck me in. Just started the US Grant 6-hour one. Fascinating.

                Comment


                • if you get epix among your cable offerings, sounds like Laurel Canyon is worth catching on Sunday night (first of 2 parts)

                  One of the most sacred musical places in the baby boomer bible sits just above the Sunset Strip in the once-ramshackle Laurel Canyon neighborhood.

                  The era’s own Garden of Eden, the labyrinthine neighborhood became a tangled nest of creativity that housed rising artists including Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Frank Zappa, James Taylor, Jackson Browne and members of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Monkees, Love, the Eagles and dozens of other soon-to-be-famous artists.



                  https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cumentary-epix

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    The History Channel specials always suck me in. Just started the US Grant 6-hour one. Fascinating.
                    I would also recommend National Geographic's "Barkskins" by Annie Proulx. It's about 17th century Canada.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                      I would also recommend National Geographic's "Barkskins" by Annie Proulx. It's about 17th century Canada.
                      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . oh wait, I'm sorry, did you say something?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . oh wait, I'm sorry, did you say something?
                        What? No Super heroes?

                        Comment


                        • For those who are interested in True Crime there is another documentary on the UnaBomber on Netflix. "In his own words." An interesting (unknown to me?) twist on who blew the whistle on him. Not the brother.. No spoilers
                          Last edited by jeremyp; 05-30-2020, 06:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gh View Post
                            if you get epix among your cable offerings, sounds like Laurel Canyon is worth catching on Sunday night (first of 2 parts)

                            One of the most sacred musical places in the baby boomer bible sits just above the Sunset Strip in the once-ramshackle Laurel Canyon neighborhood.

                            The era’s own Garden of Eden, the labyrinthine neighborhood became a tangled nest of creativity that housed rising artists including Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Frank Zappa, James Taylor, Jackson Browne and members of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Monkees, Love, the Eagles and dozens of other soon-to-be-famous artists.



                            https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cumentary-epix
                            I really enjoyed that show. Some of my most beloved musicians come off as complete flakes, but oh well.

                            Comment


                            • I am binge watching DR. PIMPLE POPPER on TLC. It can be kind of gross, but........

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                                I am binge watching DR. PIMPLE POPPER on TLC. It can be kind of gross, but........
                                next thing you know you'll have graduated to My 600-Pound Life

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X